X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just want to say hello!

I have been putting a service business together for a couple of years now that will be mainly commercial ,but will also do residential work.I will be concentrating on commercial pressure washing ,mainly restaurant exhaust hoods,environmental flat work and water damage clean up(hot water pressure washing with vacuum recovery),sewer jetting and mechanical drain cleaningand will be pulling the trigger this spring.I came across this forum a bout a week ago and have been reading it for hours,and am glad I found it ,you seem like a great bunch of professionals with many years of experience.
    I have owned a few businesses in the past,including 2 restaurants,and a restaurant equipment and supply distributorship,all were in NJ where I am originally from. I have experience in restaurant exhaust cleaning and some experience sewer and drain cleaning. I'm here to learn and contribute when I can.Here is some of the equipment I am starting with.I have 2 cab forward box trucks,a UD with an 18' box that is equipped with a 550 gal fresh water tank,330 gal recovery tank , 10kw water cooled kohler generator, All American truck mount hot water pressure washer with a 20 hp briggs vanguard,and a general 5.5gpm 3500 psi pump.It has 2 reel craft hose reels with 200 feet of supply hose and 200 feet of 3/8 high pressure line. I have 2 big motorized reelcraft hosereels off a firetruck that I plan on filling with sewer jetting hose,and plan on buying a wart hog nozzle.My other box truck is a gmc(isuzu)4500 with a 16 foot box,a ingersoll rand t30 gas air compressor,4 hot water electric pressure washers all around 2gpm and 1500psi,and all kinds of pressure washing equipment too numerous to mention. I have a hotsy truckmount hot water pressure washer that I am upgrading with a 20hp kawasaki fd620 watercooled engine and a cat pump with 8gpm and 3000psi ,and plan on installing that also in the GMC.I also have a Dodge 3500 1 ton van that I will set up as funds and time permit.
    My mechanical drain equipment is as follows(currently,I am an equipment freak as funds allow)
    2 electric eel model c sectionals with 180' cable
    1 k380
    1 shurflo small drum machine for sinks and showers
    1 mustang 10e portable electric jetter on a cart with hose reel and 100'1/8 hose
    2 video inspection systems
    I currently drive a tractor trailer hauling construction demolition from North Jersey to upstate NY,and also drive a tractor trailer doing the trade shows in Manhatten .I make decent money working for a wealthy friend of mine,but I was born to work for myself,and have been saving and sacrificing for a few years to put this together.I have registered the name Safeclean in PA and after reading many of the posts have seen that in some areas you need to be a licensed plumber or work under one to clean sewers and drains.I don't plan on doing any plumbing work,so if thatis the case I will try to team up with a licensed master plumber who does not clean drains,and refer all plumbing work to him.Sorry for the long first post,I just enjoyed reading this forum so much I wanted to join and say hello,and have a great Day!
    Jim
    Last edited by safeclean; 03-02-2008, 12:18 PM. Reason: posted to soon

Re: Just want to say hello!

What are you trying to sell?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Sorry GearJunkie (I share the same passion) ,I hit the post button before I was done writing my post,and you did not see all of it at first.I am not selling anything,just wanted to say hello and share some of my start up equipment with the members,I know it's not a lot compared to most on this board,just want to show that I am serious about this trade and want to learn and grow as I go along.
      Jim

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Safe Clean! Josh

Comment

In that case, welcome to the forum.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

most definately, welcome

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Welcome, are you Flat Rate or Hourly. Oops never mind you probably shouldn't answer that. Anyhow welcome again it is nice to have you on the forum.
              THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Yeah.. please dont answer that one. We dont want your first post to be a 100 post argument

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
                Welcome, are you Flat Rate or Hourly. Oops never mind you probably shouldn't answer that. Anyhow welcome again it is nice to have you on the forum.

Comment

I appreciate the warm welcome,and I will leave the flat rate / hourly debate to more experienced contractors!
                  Jim

Comment

greg/ drain medic should be able to answer some of your questions concerning the licensing for your state. you guys are neighbors

welcome and join the fun

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick! I will check with Drain Medic.I think he is towards Philly,and I am just above the Pocono's not too far away about 2 hours ,but 2 different markets which is good! I won't be up and running for a month or 2.I just rented a shop today ,it's a heated commercial block building 35' x 45' , 2 stories with a big garage door and wired as a commercial garage.The building is right off a major highway,yet in the country with outside parking for a few trucks.I wrote a 4 year lease for $300 a month.In NJ where I am originally from that would be every bit of $1500 to $2500 month.I plan on getting the business going here in the Northeast,but we plan on moving to a warm climate in a few years.I don't know if I can find a building like that for $300 a month in Arizona or Key West though!!Anyway ,I appreciate the warm welcome from everyone and hope to contribute when I can.
                      Jim

Comment

Welcome to the forum safeclean.
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Welcome Jim. Hope everything works out for you.
                          Gene
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

Comment

Working...
                            X