Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bang for the buck......?

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    if you're going to do this for a living, move up to a 7500 and a 3800.

the 380 is more of a handyman unit.

the 750 is good, but the 7500 has a much better motor, auto feed and stair climbers. along with 25' more capacity.

now if you want new or used, i have the 750 and 7500 new and used.

in fact i'll probably only keep 1 drum machine now.

rick.
    Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    Heres my 380 at work
    I noticed no powerfeed.
    I've used 'em with & w/o.
    Personnaly, I thought powerfeeds were too slow,
    took away command of the cable, got in the way, and for the
    most part were completely unneccesary.

Comment

yep
      I cant see any good uses for a power feed on the 380 as it will get in the way
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
        Heres my 380 at work
        is that 3/8'' or 1/2'' cable?

what happened, couldn't get the 7500 in the bathroom

good catch,
        but 1 day the sharks will beat the fisherman and his trout pole

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

But not the mighty electric eel!! Or the k60 !

Comment

Rick it`s 3/8

The K-7500 would have fit fine but I thought it was a grease and paper clog. ((They had white carpet and the 7500 was muddy from being used outside.)) I was shocked when I pulled it back and saw the root ball.
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Never used a 380. I have the 3800. Catalog says it can use a "front guide hose adapter kit." Anyone know if that means the hose and autofeed for the K40? If so, I think I'll retire the power spin.

Comment

Originally posted by buyfield View Post
                Never used a 380. I have the 3800. Catalog says it can use a "front guide hose adapter kit." Anyone know if that means the hose and autofeed for the K40? If so, I think I'll retire the power spin.
                i believe it's a front guide hose in case you're more than a few feet from the drain opening.

it's not a power feed.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

They do have a auto feed for the 380 as an option, 87337 is the number my manual has in it.

I have not seen reference for a front hose adaptor, for the 380 the 380 power feed has no place for a hose to attached to, (one could probly make some type of adaptor)

jsut looked on the manual of the 3800 (think it was page 11) (never used the 3800 so I do not know by experience).
                  on the 3800 the power feed or auto feed has a collar that appears it has a place for a hose attachment,
                  http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/CFB2C4D...achine_Man.pdf
                  Last edited by BHD; 03-08-2008, 10:51 AM.
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

"just looked on the manual of the 3800 (think it was page 11) (never used the 3800 so I do not know by experience).
                    on the 3800 the power feed or auto feed has a collar that appears it has a place for a hose attachment,"

Yeah, does look like hose can fit on autofeed. I don't have autofeed for my 3800, but was considering the "hose adapter kit" (62412), if it means it adapts to the k40's guide hose and end of hose autofeed. I can't find any other hose that it would be. Would use for tub and 1 1/2 galv, and WM.

Hose alone might be hard without autofeed. What I really want is the hose. Autofeed just to allow me to use a hose.

Would like to have something to where I could snake WM without having to move WM. Usually, packing starts leaking, and twice, drain hose started leaking (plastic corrugated).

and to be able to retire power spin.

Comment

I made my own feed hose for the k3800. I'll post a pic in a week(on vacation now) in this thread. I think mine cost 12$ to make.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                      X