X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Proflex sectional cable review

Just a review; totally awsome. Elevates the K-60 to an actual main line machine. I still wouldn't use this cable as my everyday cable; just too heavy and I like how easy the ridgid cable is easy to keep clean but it's the thing to use for long straight runs and tough roots. The general cable carrier is almost too good. It's bigger than the Ridgid so stuffing 105' in one carrier was easy. Until I picked it up. Caused me to lift with proper lifting technique.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: General Proflex sectional cable review

Forgot to add- cable center of St. louis is the cheapest place I've found to buy this cable at. 4 sections were 200. They have a buy 3 get 1 free special going on right now.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

that's why i state i can do 6'' pipe with the k-60.

general cable is a direct replacement for the 7/8'' and 5/8'' cables. the connectors fit the ridgid ends.

ridgid also has an innercore 7/8'' too. it's hard to find out here, but it can be found overseas.

and you thought when i go out of town it's for a vacation

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

While talking about cable. Has anyone seen that super bright polished looking cable that Spartan released this year at the Pumper show. Looks like cable made out of silver.

So whats it supposed to do? Anyone tried it yet? I was snooping around looking for cameras but saw that huge pile outside the Spartan booth.

Oh yeah... I also stopped by the Duracable booth and checked out their inner core. Aircraft cable inner core. Wonder what the price is on that stuff.

Josh

Comment

3/4 IC 100` is $270.
          a few dollars less then the ridgid 3/4 IC 100` cable
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            While talking about cable. Has anyone seen that super bright polished looking cable that Spartan released this year at the Pumper show. Looks like cable made out of silver.

So whats it supposed to do? Anyone tried it yet? I was snooping around looking for cameras but saw that huge pile outside the Spartan booth.

Oh yeah... I also stopped by the Duracable booth and checked out their inner core. Aircraft cable inner core. Wonder what the price is on that stuff.

Josh
            josh, there was a company that made stainless steel cable for it's machine. i think it was trojan. not sure how it sold or performed. but i know it was very expensive.

there was a time when ridgid had a bullet proof aircraft innercore cable. you still have my sample and i still have 1 new cable left in stock.

bring back the good stuff and the plumbers will come

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

old ridgid cable AKA the "GOOD STUFF"

Comment

Those cables where great but took a lot more time to splice or put and end on to.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                  old ridgid cable AKA the "GOOD STUFF"

does this contain approx. 7 aircraft cables?

or is this the one that looks like a small drain cable inserted into the hollow core?

i gave josh a section of the real good stuff from approx. 10+ years ago.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I`m not sure how old it is Rick, It`s got like flat cable raped around round cable if I remember right. I`ll have to look at it agene as it`s been a while. I know it`s some stiff strong stuff

Comment

After putting everything back in the truck since coming back from vacation, the reel of this cable is going back in the shed. Way to heavy, defeats the purpose of a sectional. I am keeping a reel of 90' ridgid and a reel of 30' innercore cable and 60' of regular sectional cable. If I need the innercore, I think I'll use it on the first and last section.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        After putting everything back in the truck since coming back from vacation, the reel of this cable is going back in the shed. Way to heavy, defeats the purpose of a sectional. I am keeping a reel of 90' ridgid and a reel of 30' innercore cable and 60' of regular sectional cable. If I need the innercore, I think I'll use it on the first and last section.
                        ben, what a great idea

why didn't i think of this

typically i use it on 6'' pipe. i do use it as a leader so i know i'm good for the 4x6'' transition and the last/ machine piece when the going gets tuff.

you think that's heavy, try the 1.25'' innercore. i typically only muscle 50' at a time.

rick
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Told by a Spartan rep. the shiny cable is "chemical" resistant and strong. Supposed to resist all the stuff in the drains or put in the drains that deterioates cables. All Spartan is pretty expensive.

Comment

The cable is called "Sparshine" Its has been in the test phase for quite some time and has proven to be extremely durable. They just released it at the show. They will discontinue the manufacturing of the other type accept for the 3/4 and 5/8 cables.

It will prove to be a good move for them although it is costing them more to make. Then people are finally going to feel like they are getting their money worth. The new cable is now being made in a plant in Minnesota rather than Mishawaka, Indiana where it has been made since the fire took the Mendota, IL Spartan plant nearly 7 years ago.

As for the rest of their equipment, it is slowly being moved to China to be made. Jetters will continue to be made in the US for now though.

There's your Spartan Tool education session for the day!
                            www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Working...
                            X