Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

General Wire mini rooter pain in the drum!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Wire mini rooter pain in the drum!!

I have a General Wire mini rooter with 75' of 3/8 cable the problem i am having is that the cable keeps twisting up inside the drum. I replaced the cable with the Ridgid C-32 cable and it to will twist up in the drum. It is the only drum machine i have other than the Super-Vee as i use the k-1500 for the larger drains, so I'm not sure if it is user error or if machine might be worn out and should just replace the drum? it is about 5 years in service but has only been used about 200 hours.
    ________
    Iolite Vaporizer
    Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 05:37 PM.
    Mike

Re: General Wire mini rooter pain in the drum!!

it`s the drum design that makes that happen. I have a small cobra machine that uses a drill on a stand that does the same thing. The drums need a cone inside em to stop this problem.
    Hey Ridgid hint hint want to make a new machine
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

i have this same machine now for over 20 years. i even have the 1/2'' drum too. although i've stopped using it. it was a good machine for a roof as the drum would only take seconds to remove and carry it up.

it's all in knowing how much you can torque the cable too.

i don't remember ever flipping my cable in there.

the smaller cable will flip faster than a larger cable. the small cable can hurt you, the large cable can kill you

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Does the end of the feeder(spinner) look tight? As in the screws that hold it to the drum are not loose? I always oil it up so it spins freely.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
        X