Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You may find this interesting.....I did!

So last week i was called out on a referal to assist a local government agency in the next town over who is having issues with an 8 inch effluent line coming off of the lagoon system on their property. It's an old boy scout camp and is about 450 acres. Forced main takes it to the lagoons and the effluent run off heads to the river close by. I went there this morning.

Some of you may have heard about this cop near Chicago who's wife has gone missing and he may be responsible for another of his past wives deaths. His name is Drew Peterson. It's been all over the national news. Anyway, the system is clearly backed up due to the manholes overflowing at a certain point in the system so they asked me to camera the line to see what it could be. Due to the fact that this is a secluded area near where this gal went missing, i was warned that there has been tampering with manholes close to that time and i should be prepared in case we find something suspisious.

I had to document everything and have the proper authorities stand by over my shoulder while the work was done. Recordings were made of everything and given to everyone.

I DID NOT FIND ANY HUMAN REMAINS, THANK GOD!!!

What i did find is alot of roots and offset pipe. I will be jetting to remove the root intrusion and reassesing afterwards. It sounds like a maintainance thing after that every 6 months.

So much for my national news recognition. I hope at least a few of you thought this was interesting.
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: You may find this interesting.....I did!

Must have been an interesting day. Not exactly text book.
    I think Dunbar posted a while back about finding human remains
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I hate that kind of security/scrutiny while working... I occaisionally do work for a local jail. First thing they do every time is run my ID. Then I have to check in every tiny bit of metal I bring in, can't bring my phone in, etc. Then I have to get buzzed through every door, and if I need something I didn't bring first trip it is another 10-15 minutes to go get it, more if there are prisoners in the area I am working (sometimes they don't lock it down) as I must secure all tools before going to get what I need then break it all out again when I get back. Makes every job an hour longer than it ought to be at a minimum. I've learned to just budget extra time for them and bill them.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

just after 9/11 i worked at the l.a. branch of the u.s. federal reserve.

it was even more secure because of 9/11. couldn't even plug my tools into the power as a cord would had to been run indoors. so i ran a generator.

plenty of "g" men with "their little friend"

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I use to have to test the 8" RPs at a local prison. It generally took me longer to get cleared and my truck through the sally-port than it did to do the test.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I have a friend that is a welder at San Onofre nuclear power plant. After 9/11 it went from ten minutes to get into the building to about 30 to 40 minutes. Keep in mind this is his regular job. He says off sight contractors for one day services spend around 2 hours the first time to get in. Not to mention all none employees are searched when they leave to, which can take another hour depending on the line. This doesn't include drive time or parking clearance.

THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

you kinda had me going there. my wife watches those murder mystery shows i thought i was gonna have some sort of scoop for her. and than nothin you should be a suspense writer
              Mike
              Clark County Plumbing And Drain
              www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
                you kinda had me going there. my wife watches those murder mystery shows i thought i was gonna have some sort of scoop for her. and than nothin you should be a suspense writer
                You should have seen the guy from the forest preserve district, he was sure that we were going to find a body. He is the one that put us all on edge. I would have been freaking out if I did infact find something.
                www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

My Fiance's ex works as a live in maintenance manager at a kids camp in the Pocono's.A couple of years ago he seen smoke smoldering out of a barrel at a mobile home down the road,and no one was home there. He walked over and looked in and it was the charred remains of a body.Two gay guys lived there and one shot the other in the head and burned him in the barrel ! I used to work in the rail yards in Kearney NJ as a crane operator and every now and then they would find a body or 2 in the surrounding swampss dumped in the"swamps of Jersey" as Bruce would say!

Comment

About 15 years ago I was taking the train into Boston to a friends party, easier than driving in traffic and fighting for parking.
                    I heard what sounded like tree branches snapping and breaking against the bottom of the train.
                    It never occured to me that was what it actually sounds like...I figured it would have sounded softer.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                      About 15 years ago I was taking the train into Boston to a friends party, easier than driving in traffic and fighting for parking.
                      I heard what sounded like tree branches snapping and breaking against the bottom of the train.
                      It never occured to me that was what it actually sounds like...I figured it would have sounded softer.
                      GNARLY!!!!

Comment

I have some work I do in Ft Knox. The security to get on post has really increased since 911. They search every inch of me and my truck at 3 locations going in. If I leave to get some lunch and come right back They search it again. Oh, and when going through those kind of check points, DO NOT make any jokes about the gun in you tool box. They have no since of humor at all!!!! DAMHIKT
                        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                          I have some work I do in Ft Knox. The security to get on post has really increased since 911. They search every inch of me and my truck at 3 locations going in. If I leave to get some lunch and come right back They search it again. Oh, and when going through those kind of check points, DO NOT make any jokes about the gun in you tool box. They have no since of humor at all!!!! DAMHIKT
                          dan it would take them a day to search your truck with all that junk in the front seat .
                          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                          X