X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetting job freak out...lol

I was jetting a line today that I have to do a crawl space repair on Monday. The 4" main line has back grade from age as it`s at the vent stack and building drain combo joint. The line has over 4" of back grade in the last 4` right at the vent stack.

So I get out my jetter truck to suck all the crap n stuff out of the line so I can cut it open and do the repair. Well while jetting I hit a hard spot and bounce the nozzle off it a few times then the line starts to pull in again. I jet another 20` then I sprung a leak some where in my truck I thought as I`m getting wet from a fine mist. I run up to the truck to shut things down and it stops before I do anything. I think WTF??? So I go back to the CO and push another foot. Back to a fine mist coming from some where ???? I look up and I cant see where this mist is coming from. I walk around the house and I see water running down the roof. I walk out in the yard so I can see the vent stack and there it is.... The nozzle is sticking out of the vent stack about 4 feet....lol... I didn't know my little jetter could go up a vent stack that easily.
    Crazy I tell ya, just crazy....rotflmao
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: Jetting job freak out...lol

LOL, it's raining and the sun is out.

Well atleast the vent got a good jet and the roof was washed clean.

I did that once, on a kitchen sink, kept going up the vent and it was really upsetting me, so when I thought it was down, I actually didn't care anymore and kept pushing, I look out the window and stretch, I see the cable over the roof and hanging in the front year bushes

Least to say,t he customer got a new santee and a very pretty cleanout.

By the way, nice web site All Clear, I like that drum machine.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

I hate it when my top snake goes up the vent while trying to clear a kitchen sink clog. I always go outside after running 15` or so to see if I`m on the roof....lol... I had one where I cleaned the guttering...rotflmao I told the home owner "that was a freebie on the guttering cleaning". Anymore if it`s not raining or snowing I just go to the vent stack first and save the trouble.

thanks on the web site, It`s not done but it`s up and running for now. I wish I had time to finish it but then I`d be in the shop and not out paying the bills.
      I looked at yours a while back and it`s pretty nice. Some day I`ll finish mine
      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 03-09-2008, 08:46 PM.
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

This is quite possibly the hardest I've ever laughed on this forum...That is hilarious.

Comment

this was a funny one and thanks for telling us
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

That is funny. I worked with a tech who ran his 300 cable machine thru a closet bend went across, broke the other toilet, grabbed the shower curtain and he pulled the curtain all the way back thru the closet bend he was working on. His response "how did that get down there?"

All clear and West Coast plumber - nice websites. I don't get the audio with the video though WCP.
            ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

when i was an apprentice my journeyman was snaking through a closet bend in a downstairs apartment.his cable got stuck. when someone came and knocked on the door freaking out. we followed her upstairs and across the hall went in to her bathroom the snake had busted through the front of the toilet and grabbed one of her daughters dolls by the hair and everytime he tried to pull the snake back the doll would bang its head against the toilet. she was home alone and heard a noise. could you imagine going into your bathroom and seeing a demon doll banging its head against your toilet. after it was all said and done we had a good laugh with it.
              Mike
              Clark County Plumbing And Drain
              www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
                when i was an apprentice my journeyman was snaking through a closet bend in a downstairs apartment.his cable got stuck. when someone came and knocked on the door freaking out. we followed her upstairs and across the hall went in to her bathroom the snake had busted through the front of the toilet and grabbed one of her daughters dolls by the hair and everytime he tried to pull the snake back the doll would bang its head against the toilet. she was home alone and heard a noise. could you imagine going into your bathroom and seeing a demon doll banging its head against your toilet. after it was all said and done we had a good laugh with it.
                Thats the best cable-stuck story I ever heard!
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Demon Doll Hilarious!!!
                  ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post
                    That is funny. I worked with a tech who ran his 300 cable machine thru a closet bend went across, broke the other toilet, grabbed the shower curtain and he pulled the curtain all the way back thru the closet bend he was working on. His response "how did that get down there?"

All clear and West Coast plumber - nice websites. I don't get the audio with the video though WCP.
                    OK, that one might top it...THAT was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
                      .... we followed her upstairs and across the hall went in to her bathroom the snake had busted through the front of the toilet and grabbed one of her daughters dolls by the hair and everytime he tried to pull the snake back the doll would bang its head against the toilet. she was home alone and heard a noise. could you imagine going into your bathroom and seeing a demon doll banging its head against your toilet. after it was all said and done we had a good laugh with it.
                      OK, thats it...I just fell over.
                      They keep getting better and better.

Comment

I love a good snake story too

Comment

Working...
                        X