X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...That's a new one!

I can't believe this guy actually thinks this is going to be the most effective way to control root intrusion.

He needs to leave that to us. If a homeowner tried this around here they would need an opening every 2 feet from the house to the street. What a bunch of crap.

Check this out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ep6wQqSXSYk
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: Well...That's a new one!

Wow I guess its not a bad idea for the areas around the sewer lines. But what about the roots already growing in the sewer lines ?

I see DIYS just drilling the ground, not calling 1 Call to have utility lines marked. That could be very dangerous, but anyone will do whatever these days on TV to keep shows running....Crazy
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

If your sewer has root intrusion...its broken, its old, it needs to be replaced. Once the roots get in, its only a matter of time before the sewer needs to be repaired or replaced.
      I don't understand people who just keep cabling year after year or using chemicals like this douche, they are just putting off the inevitable replacement/repair.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
        If your sewer has root intrusion...its broken, its old, it needs to be replaced. Once the roots get in, its only a matter of time before the sewer needs to be repaired or replaced.
        I don't understand people who just keep cabling year after year or using chemicals like this douche, they are just putting off the inevitable replacement/repair.

As much as i agree, once you have roots, your always going to have roots, and the line should be replaced. But some people just do not have the money to replace lines, plain and simple. When you remove all the roots with a Warthog and add the chemical, your still adding added years to the line vs. cabling the line.

We do root eliminations all the time, and give 1 yr warranties. Works like a charm.
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

I think I will look into getting patent rights on this guys idea and franchise it to everyone on this forum! ha ha
          ________
          Volvo d5 engine picture
          Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 05:39 PM.
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
            As much as i agree, once you have roots, your always going to have roots, and the line should be replaced. But some people just do not have the money to replace lines, plain and simple. When you remove all the roots with a Warthog and add the chemical, your still adding added years to the line vs. cabling the line.

We do root eliminations all the time, and give 1 yr warranties. Works like a charm.
            I would much rather have you do your jetting and chemicals rather than have a guy drill holes in my yard! It just seems like a waste of time.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Now that is just so funny. That is a funny guy right there

I couldn't stop laughing
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                I would much rather have you do your jetting and chemicals rather than have a guy drill holes in my yard! It just seems like a waste of time.

Oh ya that is a complete waste of time, and i hope isnt going around town selling that LOL

Comment

Alright, here is another hilarious video I found after searching the word "SEWER" on You Tube. This guy is a piece of work. I certainly would refer him as a home inspector. Maybe he will travel for Mrs. West Coast's real estate deals.

I'm sure he's great but this is a seriously funny video. Get a load of the lady's body with the infrared camera. Rember....red means hot. Weired stuff!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UtdWQrFCZV0&feature=related

Comment

WOW she parks the snake in her line so she can clear the line every morning....rotflmao
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I got about halfway through this second video and gave up....what the hell is this guy rambling on and on about?

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                        WOW she parks the snake in her line so she can clear the line every morning....rotflmao
                        "Notes for morning ritual: wake up, take shower, start coffee, snake waste main...."

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                          "Notes for morning ritual: wake up, take shower, start coffee, snake waste main...."

Better snake before the shower to be on the safe side. I know the video is torture but its like a train wreck....you just can't look away!

Comment

This guy is proof you shouldnt take drugs and make videos
                            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Having a sister in R.E., I've heard my share of "But the home inspector says there's no problem whatsoever with a slight back pitch on the drainage" type things.
                              From what I was able to gather, it seems like this guy was even suggesting a basement sump as opposed to just getting the problem fixed professionally, but again...had a hard time staying with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X