X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-75 obsolete?

What's the purpose? The k-60 does the same already. Am I missing something?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: K-75 obsolete?

I have often wondered the same thing. I know the 75 is set up different. Theres gotta be some advantage to the 75. So 75 owners lets here why you have a 75 over the 60.

Comment

i don't have a 60 , yet. i do have a 50 & 75. i thought the 75 had more torque than the 60. i could be wrong. i find the height of the 75 good for almosr every C/O situation i've encountered, except low horizontal slab types.

when i was trying to decide on machines for the new business, the 60 just seemed like it "tried" to do too much. i since have been enlightened.

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
        i don't have a 60 , yet. i do have a 50 & 75. i thought the 75 had more torque than the 60. i could be wrong. i find the height of the 75 good for almosr every C/O situation i've encountered, except low horizontal slab types.

when i was trying to decide on machines for the new business, the 60 just seemed like it "tried" to do too much. i since have been enlightened.

steve
        steve, the 75 is a scaled down version of the 1500.

do you ever have to take the 75 on a roof?

i guess with the 50, you never change jaws on the 75 to run the 5/8'' cable.

with the 60 you don't need to swap jaws. just a simple twist and it's good for 7/8'' and 5/8''.

personally i find the 1500 b frame too awkard for my truck. so i just keep the cable and drill motor on board. if needed i'll load the 1500 or general 88 machine for the job.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

rick, ther is no way in hell i would consider taking the 75 up on a roof. if i had to do a roof job, i'd fashion some kind of snoot and work from the ground.

mine is the "A" model. i agree the "B" looks cumbersom.

is there a torque difference between the 60 & 75?

anyway, i'm very happy with the current setup and look forward to adding a 60. you know, for those hard to reach places.

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post

is there a torque difference between the 60 & 75?

steve

not 100% sure. the k-60 i use has a 625rpm name tag (600 rpm in the book). the k75 shows 640rpm. both are 1/2 h.p.

book shows 150' of 7/8'' and 125' of 5/8'' for the k-60.

175' of 7/8'' and 125' of 5/8'' for the k-75.

these are the book numbers.

i would think that the motors being the same and the speed almost identical, the torque should be about the same.

why the different cable lengths? might be updated numbers just like my rpm on the k-60.

steve, you coming to the roundup? i hear that next year it's in the v.i.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              steve, you coming to the roundup? i hear that next year it's in the v.i.

rick.
              can't do it. being a one man band i really can't take the time off. still trying to justify the Atlanta show.

steve

Comment

I don't know if there was a K-60 when i got my 75. Most of you "boys" were still in school or diapers when I got it. Only had 7/8" cables, never knew it could be changed. I paid $1275 for the K-75A and an extra 75' set of cables back around 90-91. Sold it in 07 for $1200.
                info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                  I don't know if there was a K-60 when i got my 75. Most of you "boys" were still in school or diapers when I got it. Only had 7/8" cables, never knew it could be changed. I paid $1275 for the K-75A and an extra 75' set of cables back around 90-91. Sold it in 07 for $1200.

just like i said. tools are a better investment than the stock market.

dan 1200 will get you a 90% of a k-60 now

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

the only difference i can see is the k75 can go 25 feet further than the k 60, but the k 60 looks so much more mobile, learning experience for me as we run a fleet of 75s and 1500s, love the way the 60 looks until this forum had no idea it even existed.

Comment

Working...
                    X