X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the blob

have you had one of those stoppages that was just waiting to ooze out. comes out like heavy gravy/ pudding

i call it the blob.

this was a rental unit above the garage. the 4'' clay line was in a 18' x 18'' hole and after pumping out the water and sludge, i saw the clay line was just an open troff.

after attacking the 62' run with my k-60. the owner told me there was a buried c/o in the yard. removed the jim cap and here comes the blob.

gallons of heavy thick gravy. so much that any attempt to work near the c/o would be a mess.

took out my trusty 1.25'' and timberwolf and continued through the nasty stuff to clear.

what do you call the blob?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: the blob

Crap comes to mind.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i believe the forum would censor it as "****".

i was called to a restaurant with another kitchen sink drain blockage. always got through in the past, but this time i just kept returning grease and the water wouldn't go down. the guy in charge of "maintenance" mumbles something under his breath and grabs a shovel. he finally uncovers a C/O about 90 feet from the grease trap. he grabs an old channel lock (that had seen better days...before it had been used as a hammer, pry bar, widget doohickey, etc) and opens the cap. i swear a 2 1/2 foot long x 4" thick tube of congealed grease (and who knows what else) rises into the air before it falls over and the ensuing mess covers the parking area.

my work was done, i got paid, and went home. my freaking cable smelled like that grease "blob" for over a week.

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

An old boss of mine way back when had a saying...."People see me with my clothes all dirty and hands dirty, they see dirt, I see money."
        I call the blob, "money."
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I call it the "wet concrete" like stuff I see that stuff about 5 times a week.

Hey ....rotflmao
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
            i swear a 2 1/2 foot long x 4" thick tube of congealed grease (and who knows what else) rises into the air before it falls over and the ensuing mess covers the parking area.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYRnc...eature=related

Did it look like this? BTW, I must be a real plumber-I watched the video while eating oatmeal and didn't even flinch.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              [URL]Did it look like this?
              hard to tell from the "quality" of the vid. picture, if you will, squeezing a 4" wide tune of yellowisg/gray toothpaste straight up. i'm glad i was 90' away when it vesuviused (like Mt. Vesuvious erupting).

steve
              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYRnc...eature=related

Did it look like this? BTW, I must be a real plumber-I watched the video while eating oatmeal and didn't even flinch.
                That was funny "looks like a big turd"

Comment

the commentary was better than the stoppage.

when the stoppage is all black and reaks, you know it's been there for a long time.

a couple years back, i had one that actulally filled a 2' x 4'' ditch over a foot deep. the line was over 100' developed length and the pipe was offset 6'' downstream. this was a guest house that never head steady guest.

my buddy steve sent one of his helpers. he lost it when it oozed out

i was glad that i had already cleared the downstream section and wa able to hose it all downstream and i was back in the ditch in 15 minutes.

the helper wasn't hungry that day

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Had a better one at the local cop shop; sorry no vid avail. Fozen 6" line oozed/extruded for 30 sec or so after I cut a hole in the mass before cutting loose. No-one ralphed, but I've had all kinds of congratulatory comments from the city worker folks, espcially as I had to pee right then so just peed in the manhole. One guy is like in awe I whipped it out in front of the PO-lice and didn't get arrested for exposure or something. Whatever; it was at night in winter there was no-one around but us worker bees and that's where it is going anyway; I'm glad I didn't lose it to exposure.

Thats why I jet; I've snaked right thru 'the blob' and had it close up behind the cable on several occaisons. Never with a jetter.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

it seem`s I have a problem like that once in a while. I get called out to clear a sewer and start working and have to pee.....lol When you got to go you just got to go

Comment

Working...
                      X