Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the root that never quit

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    once i saw the size of the stump/ branch, i knew it was not a job for the
    k-60 the size of the main root is larger than the 1/2'' brass nipple in the prior photo and about the same size as the 1.25'' sectional cable.

rick.
    Nice catch but.........
    this is no K-60

And this looks like a helper

Sorry Rick you know I had to do it
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      The roots entered from the top of the closet bend? Nice SS riser for the toilet. What's it from? A dishwasher?
      correct, the root entered from under the marble floor that is 2.5'' above the flange. the abs ring and riser is newer than the 1950's house that's cast iron.
      the 1/2'' flex is a 20'' just to wash the line clean. it's not a toilet connector.

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      Nice catch but.........
      this is no K-60

you are correct and you'll see that i posted that earlier. when i saw the root that was in the bend, i knew this was a job for the 1.25'' sectional. i started out with the 4' section until i got all the way in. then pulled out and went in with the 10' section. the 3'' spiral root saw was the way i cut the root and then retrieved it. by running the cable in reverse, it actually caused the saw to grab the root and pull it back out.

And this looks like a helper

i'll tell him you said that. he is actually the plumber that called me to help him out. when the rope he tried to use to pull back, the root broke, he called me to snake it. i had no idea that the job was roots like this. i guess they never used the powder room toilet for many, many years.

Sorry Rick you know I had to do it
      no problem, i dish it out too

i figured you would say the root was just a twig

i'll explain later why the 7500 was not the machine of choice. but if i don't get off the computer and off to dinner, i'll be pulling my k-60 out of my crack

thanks for the offers and enlargements, you saved me a lot of time.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

If the toilet was never being used why did the roots seek it out? Was it running?

Comment

Rick tell em I said that the real plumber was holding the cable Takes a real plumber to do plumbing and sewer`s

BTW I get in to spots where I could use my hole hog, where do I get the adapter or what do I make it out of?
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            If the toilet was never being used why did the roots seek it out? Was it running?
            bill, i would think that the toilet got flushed on a regular basis. at what they charge rent, i hope they had a house keeper keeping things clean.

but then again it was a kohler rialto toilet with a shark fin flapper. these rot in under 2 years especially with beverly hills hard water.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Wow with roots that big in the C.B. there should have also been a brach going up thru the vent seeking out sunlight with leaves and fruit on it.
              ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Working...
              X