Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the root that never quit

so just when you thought youv'e seen it all. you haven't

today i was hired by another plumber buddy to cut some roots from a 4'' closet bend.

he had attempted to remove the root with a helper and a rope. all they got was a piece that broke off.

to my surprise what i was looking at was not an everyday root you would see growing into a closet bend. especially in a house that leases out for 20k a month

this was a powder room toilet that must not have been used for 10-15 years. my buddy was hired by the real estate agent and has no track record there.

so i will try to pick out some photos you might get a kick out of.

the tool of choice is a 1.25'' innercore sectional 4' and 10' with a 3'' spiral root saw and a dewalt timberwolf at 300 rpm and clutch.

i'll let you drum guys think about why your drum machine wouldn't have worked

so here goes some photos i hope

well new computer/ vista and need to resize photos. sorry for now.
    i'll reload it to the old computer and post.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: the root that never quit

Ok. I will go help you now that I am done picking on you
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      so just when you thought youv'e seen it all. you haven't

today i was hired by another plumber buddy to cut some roots from a 4'' closet bend.

he had attempted to remove the root with a helper and a rope. all they got was a piece that broke off.

to my surprise what i was looking at was not an everyday root you would see growing into a closet bend. especially in a house that leases out for 20k a month

this was a powder room toilet that must not have been used for 10-15 years. my buddy was hired by the real estate agent and has no track record there.

so i will try to pick out some photos you might get a kick out of.

the tool of choice is a 1.25'' innercore sectional 4' and 10' with a 3'' spiral root saw and a dewalt timberwolf at 300 rpm and clutch.

i'll let you drum guys think about why your drum machine wouldn't have worked

so here goes some photos i hope

well new computer/ vista and need to resize photos. sorry for now.
      i'll reload it to the old computer and post.

rick.

The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

How Rude

Comment

cheap talk
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Rick,
            To resize in P.O.S. Vista is actually easy once you figure it out. Let me know if you need the info because
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              Rick,
              To resize in P.O.S. Vista is actually easy once you figure it out. Let me know if you need the info because
              help

i downloaded irfanview and i am lost with all the options.

believe me the pictures will speak for themselves, i can hear them talking and they want to come out.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

i can resize them, i just need to lower the resolution as the file size is beyond the 1.46mb. limit. how do i lower the resolution to allow them to load

a better program? a program that i can operate joey said she would help

i'll have to get back to this tonight as i'm late for jobs.

still trying

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Rick just send me the pictures and I`ll post em for ya

allclearsewer @ yahoo.com
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Can someone explain to me how you would go about clearing roots from a closet bend using a rope?

That's the picture I want to see

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

Can someone explain to me how you would go about clearing roots from a closet bend using a rope?

That's the picture I want to see
                      bill, they thought they could just pull out the branch with a rope and it snapped off. the branch was all the way to the top of the bend.

still trying to post the photos tonight. i will load the camera software and give it a plumbers try
                      phoebe it is

Comment

thanks to my best building manager/ isidro

he spent some time to email the photos to me in a small format.

i'll post some in thumbnails and try to enlarge or let you guys enlarge them.

#1 photo, flange as it appeared when i arrived
                        #2 some of the roots as i was working it. actually filled up a 5 gallon bucket and then the tail.
                        #3 the mighty timberwolf and the 1.25'' sectional with some torque. thanks gene.
                        #4the sectional, with root stump, and 1/2'' brass nipple as a comparasion.
                        #5 the big catch with all the other roots that i pulled out on the ground.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-13-2008, 07:04 PM. Reason: #1-5 notes.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

the photo of the tail of this root is over 9' long.

remember this is in a house that rents for 20k a month and the renters moved out. i doubt that they ever used this powder room.

my buddy attempted to pull out this root from the closet flange with a rope and 2 guys. needless to say he called me to assist him.

once i saw the size of the stump/ branch, i knew it was not a job for the
                          k-60 the size of the main root is larger than the 1/2'' brass nipple in the prior photo and about the same size as the 1.25'' sectional cable.

i've never seen anything this big inside of a house. mains, yes.

sorry for the delay, but i hope you like the photos.

i actually have more and will post tonight.

rick.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-13-2008, 07:06 PM.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Wow, thats a great picture.
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

The roots entered from the top of the closet bend? Nice SS riser for the toilet. What's it from? A dishwasher?
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X