Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

3/8" Root-Rat for Trailor Jetter...is it worth it??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/8" Root-Rat for Trailor Jetter...is it worth it??

Howdy buddies. I have a quesiton for the jetter guys out there. i am cosidering on purchasing the 3/8" Root-Rat nozzle for my trailor jetter. I allready have the 3/8" Warthog nozzle which is surpurb on grease and soft stoppages, but the other day i assume i was running my jetter in a 4'' main and started "bumping" against something in which i assumed it was roots that the nozzle wouldnt go through. Like i said before, my jetter is a General 2512 trailor jetter. It 'suppose' to go up to 2500psi but on the gauage it never reads past 2000-2100 so i guess its a pump issue. it still does GREAT on soft stoppage but imma need a nozzle for cutting roots with the pressure i have and i am assuming the the root-rat nozzle with the chains will get it done. Dp any of you guys own that nozzle and how do ou predict it will work with my machine. Should i just purchase a 3000p.s.i pump and continue with the warthog?....if the root-rat will clear the roots out i will get it....i know you guys on here allready know the ends and outs on that nozzle. I now wish i had known about that Spartan Jetter like Drain Medic uses because its similar to mine but it goes up to 3000 psi(and he cuts roots with his Warthog), has a smaller tank(which is good because you gonna leave the water running anyway), is more compact,and is about $1,000 cheaper than what i paid(YOU GO GREG!!!!!)...I guess thats why they say you live and you learn!! Thanks in advance guys.

Lonestar.

Re: 3/8" Root-Rat for Trailor Jetter...is it worth it??

I have never used a root rat or warthog But I did check out the root rat at the show and don't see why they wouldn't work. Of course the sales man acted like they are the best things since the coming of Christ. I wouldn't mind hearing some real world results myself.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Root-rat is amazingly effective at root-cutting. Actually we used it for just about everything since its a spinner and cleans the pipe so well.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Do you oil your hog regularly?? even at 2100 that warthog should have a good tight spin to it. What GPM does your jetter throw out?
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Lonestar, You might want to buy a new pressure guage to make sure you do have only the pressure you think you do. Old guages wear out and give false readings. It is the cheapest thing to buy vs. a pump or unloader. Once you know your true PSI then do you in fact have an unloader pressure adjuster? Also a worn out or too big of tip will lower your PSI as well. Just some things too consider before buying a pump.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

it throws out about 2100p.s.i......it is suppose to throw out 2500 psi but i will check the gauge..it LOOKS like that booger is throwing out 3000 psi looking at it with the camera...maybe i am wrong but i will re-check it....Greg, i will re-oil it tomorrow and see what happens.....that root-rat does look pretty good though, but i'd rather use the warthog for everything (= ...... dont get me wrong though..the hog is GREAT on apts and restaurants !!!...maybe i was hitting a collasped pipe the other day, but it had me greatly concerned.

Comment

I've used a 1/2" root rat on the Harben that pumps 4000psi working pressure and it works great. In fact I was warned to not let it stop because it could cut through vcp pipe. But I was also told by someone else not to worry it could not cut thru the pipe.
              ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Working...
              X