X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theroretical jetter question

If you have a jetter that should be skid mounted with it's own water tank but you have it on a cart with a hose supply, could you fill a 5 gal bucket and keep a garden hose running in the 5 gal bucket and pull directly from the bucket? This way if the demand by the jetter is to great, the bucket will give some "cushion" so the pump doesn't run dry. I know you won't be able to jet for a long time like this but would it work?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Theroretical jetter question

You'd have to pump from the bucket to the machine. In theory I'd think it would work but a 5gal reserve would be impractical, I'm thinking 55gal.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Why would you have to pump the water? Wouldn't the pump suck the water in by itself?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

there are some larger portable 8gpm jetters that have a surge tank with float valve, but that's to help supliment the garden hose. my 18hp portable puls 5.6gpm. so far a regular garden hose has been fine.

a 5 gallon bucket would have to be high enough to not allow any air and supply a good flooded connection.

most pumps will draw from a tank and also from a pressure source/ hose.

you just don't want to have your pump cavitate.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X