X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimping tool for jetter lines

What do you prefer? Hydralic or manual? Any great brands? Any to stay away from? Not worth the price and just get a hose shop to crimp them?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Crimping tool for jetter lines

ben, with all the hoses, i have from stainless steel to thermo plastic, i've only blown a few. personally i doubt you'll ever need to have your own crimper. plus you need dies for all the sizes and brands.

there is a cheaper way to go with a press and set of dies. but still unless you have it on the job site, you might as well go to the hose shop.

so far, i've never needed one

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I have a hydralic crimper, a hand pump one kind of like a porta-power. I have two dies, one for my jetter hose, one for garden hose ends. It serves my purposes nicely. I got it free from parker for spending enough on one order of hose and fittings. It is 100mi down to Denver to a decent hose shop for me. The local auto parts place said they could crimp my hose; I lost a 3/8 warthog when their crimp blew off. I find my jetter hose wears mostly in the first 40' or so. Less than 200'-250' is useless to me, so I buy 400' and cut off the worn end and recrimp when needed instead of buying 250' of hose every time I wear out the first 40'.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

For my small hose jetter 4000psi @ 6.7gallons , 1/8", 3/16" and 1/4" I use the synflex manual crimper but for 3000psi @ 14 gallons with 3/8" and 1/2" hoses I`ll be getting a hydraulic assembly bolted to my truck.
        The down time cost with onboard tooling vs packup driving to the hose shop, makes sense to have it onboard just in case.

Comment

Working...
        X