• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k3800 guide tube/K60 carrier/question

Here's the pics I promised

1. complete assembly
    2. no hub from rip off central-fergusons
    3. hose from plumbing section of HD
    4. some widget from the electrical section at HD. To make this work, wrap electrical tape around the hose to build up O.D.
    5. got some 1/2", 3/4" and 1" pex to go around the handle of my cable carrier. So much more comfortable than the thin handle. Wrap electrical tape around the 1/2" and 1". There's no tolerance between the 1" and 3/4" so no tape is needed on the 3/4".

This was originally about 6 ft but is too hard to control so I shortened it down to 4 ft.

Can I use a section of my 5/8 section as a trap leader for my 1/2" IC cable?
    Attached Files
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: k3800 guide tube/K60 carrier/question

Nice job Ben I will be interested to see how the PVC hose holds up. Please make a review after you've used it for a while.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Doubt you'll ever get a review Mark. Since getting the 60, I've used the 3800 maybe 4 times.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        Doubt you'll ever get a review Mark. Since getting the 60, I've used the 3800 maybe 4 times.
        LOL_Well I like your carrier for the basket of the K-60 as well. Is the 1/2" PEX a tight fit or does it allow the handle to rotate?

Mark

Comment

It does allow the carrier to rotate inside the pipe handle. If you use the 5/8" carrier, omit the 1" pex. Not enough room in there and you'll scrape knuckes. Don't forget about my trap leader question.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            It does allow the carrier to rotate inside the pipe handle. If you use the 5/8" carrier, omit the 1" pex. Not enough room in there and you'll scrape knuckes. Don't forget about my trap leader question.
            I've never owned a K-3800 but in a pinch I did use 5/8" as a leader on my 3/8" in an adapter for my K-50 once. It's a long story but it has to do with the day KFC lost an entire batch of grease from their frier down a 2" floor sink. The open wind 5/8" leader was used to collect the grease out of the P-trap.

Mark

Comment

ben not sure if the auto feed horn is the same size as the 7500 feeder, but i have a great set up that is much simpler and less sticky than the pvc hose you have.

i'll look at it with you at the round up.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X