X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flat Sewer Tape

When I did trenchless I used a camera to make my measurements.

Yeah, I agree, the post cards witht he historic theme was a good idea, something I work on for sure.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

I watched my dad use them all the time as well. When he did plumbing, his toolbox consisted of a hammer, flat head, phillips head screwdrivers, pipe wrench, plunger, chisel, and a flat sewer tape. He would clear lines with them. I still have it. It sits in my office. Thanks dad for getting me hooked
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I've got a friend that still uses a flat tape for all his sewers.

A guy that I used to work for used flat tapes with wire coat hangers bent and wrapped around the ball to act as hooks. Talk about primitive. He'd charge seventy five dollars a trip. talk about EASY money.

I don't know why anybody would call him back a second time though.

Comment

i use them for frozen drain lines. i tape the hose right to the end of flat sewer tape with a fine spraying nozzle at end. its good to nip away at the ice. just make sure you have a large enough trash can at c/o opening to catch water before you free up frozen main line. otherwise you have a big mess to pick up. then i just pump the water back into the main line with small pump.

"a mans only as good as the snake he uses"

Comment

Originally posted by clear-flow rooter View Post
            i use them for frozen drain lines. i tape the hose right to the end of flat sewer tape with a fine spraying nozzle at end. its good to nip away at the ice. just make sure you have a large enough trash can at c/o opening to catch water before you free up frozen main line. otherwise you have a big mess to pick up. then i just pump the water back into the main line with small pump.

"a mans only as good as the snake he uses"
            If I know I only need to go 10' or so and I don't have the jetter with me, I do the same type of thing but, I fill a trash can up and use a submersible pump with a garden hose attachment. As long as the water coming back doesn't have too much debris (clogs pump) It goes pretty quick.
            I even keep a clean pump to do the same thing with water lines. I just use a bucket or tote and, an ice maker line (ironic).
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Use my old flat sewer rod with the ball end to clear old brick chimneys with offsets. Start at the bottom and pound it up the chimney and down comes the old bricks. A lot quicker and cleaner than blasting out bricks in the attic. Once you have it out the top turn it around in circles with a big fitsall (cresent wrench) and it cleans the rest of the crap out. Go ahead and pull your new liner without getting all hung up. Wear gloves and safety glasses. Watch out for the falling bricks, damn do they hurt. Great for squirrel nests also.
              WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
              ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

Working...
              X