X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid k 50

As i'm only just starting out on my new venture, i can pickup a Ridgid k 50 for about £ 150 with a 7metre 16mm cable, am i wasting my time with this or do i need to go for something bigger ? thankyou.

Re: ridgid k 50

what size lines will you be working on? you would be better off with the K-60 because of it's flexibility. both 5/8 & 7/8 cable.

good luck with your venture

steve
    Last edited by stxrus; 03-18-2008, 04:42 PM. Reason: my imaculate typing skills
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Thanks steve, i'm in britain and was thinking maybe i could use this for toilets, sinks, etc, anyway, JUST bought it off ebay, by the way, i said 16mm cable,, 3/8, ? i meant 6mm, which i see is a lot smaller, have i paid too much?

Comment

First off welcome to the forum

The K-50 is my favorite drain machine. With a bulb adapter you can run:

5/16" for 3/4" through 1 1/2"

3/8" for ! 1/4" through 2"

Without an adapter you can run:

5/8" cable for 1 1/4" through 4"

In the larger sizes (3" & 4") you would not want to use it to clean a root stoppage.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/K50-Drain-Machine

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

my K-50 has 5/8 inch x 7.5 feet sectionals. the 50 is a good machine and has a lot of uses. it just isn't robust enough for roots or other hard blockages. iv'e run mine down 4" with no issues. but you will need as larger cable for long runs and larger pipes. i haven't used the "drums" i bought with mine as they aren't efficient for me.

save your euros and look into the K-60. a lot of folks on the forum use'em and sear by them. it's on my wsh list.

can't speak to you purchase price as i don't know about used ones. rick and others will chime in and have ALL the scoop on the machine

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Thanks, your a star (in the uk ) bit cofused on the bulb bit, do you mean o the end/tip?

Apart from your last sentence, i'm confused relating to what your, x through y means, appreciate your help

stxrus, thanks for your input,but iv'e been put at ease by the last poster, i think we british cannot get this stuff at usa prices, so, have to go with what we are offered at the right price , ? i think.

Comment

Originally posted by libbyloulou View Post
              Thanks, your a star (in the uk ) bit cofused on the bulb bit, do you mean o the end/tip?

Apart from your last sentence, i'm confused relating to what your, x through y means, appreciate your help

stxrus, thanks for your input,but iv'e been put at ease by the last poster, i think we british cannot get this stuff at usa prices, so, have to go with what we are offered at the right price , ? i think.
              Forgive my attempt at metric but here goes.

With the 5/8" cable (15mm) you can clean 1 1/4" (32mm) pipe up to and including 4" (101mm) pipe.

With the 3/8" cable (9MM) you can clean 1 1/4" (32mm) pipe up to and including 2" (50mm) pipe.

With the 5/16" cable (5mm) you can clean 3/4" (19mm) pipe up to and including 1 1/2" (38mm) pipe.

The bulb adapter is a plastic bulb which installs on the back of the K-50 to allow you to run the two smaller cables like a drum machine.

Mark

Comment

Mark. please have look at this, i know it's a bit rough, only for short drains in the uk inside the home, can you suggest what i need to add to make it work, help my customers ? thanks.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=003

Comment

Originally posted by libbyloulou View Post
                  Mark. please have look at this, i know it's a bit rough, only for short drains in the uk inside the home, can you suggest what i need to add to make it work, help my customers ? thanks.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=003
                  The machine looks a little warn but worth cleaning up. The canister which has been removed from the K-50 is likely the A-17_ adapter and could use a new cable. I would replace the rubber feet on the legs so you can protect the surface you are working on and you should add a A30 cable kit. I will try to post a picture of a decked out K-50.

Mark
                  Attached Files

Comment

ThANKS MARK, AND TO ALL help , been educated, can you tell me a price for the 50 or the 60?

Comment

hey Mark whats the link to that set-up.Part #
                      I want to order that total deal.
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                        That is the K-50-8 with a catalog number of 59000

Mark

Comment

Thanks
                          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                            all clear, are you serious

you're going k-50 instead of k-60

even mark knows the k-60 is king

nothing wrong with the 50 as i have 4 of them

but if i had the choice between a 50 and a 60, well the rest is history

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                            X