Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area Drain Job...What Would You Charge?

Hello,

25 - individual drains, 30-50' runs.
    1 - 4" drain, 100' run.

The 25 drains were all cast fittings, easy access throughout the complex on the upper level, visible from the parking garage down below. There was no root intrusion, only runoff causing blockage. There were two of us on the job. Only a few of the iron grates gave us a problem otherwise, everything went smooth. Accessible hose bibs and electrical. We do not own a jetter simply because we don't get many area drain calls much less 25. We use cable and that's it. We don't do enough commercial work to warrant a jetter purchase.

The 4'' line, we ran up from the street curb 100' to the building. Hit some roots. No biggie. . It was actually a pretty straightforward job. No curve balls at all. Just time consuming to complete.

All in all, took about 4hrs start to finish

The job is done and paid for. It's just that we don't often get THIS many area drains on one job. Curious what you guy's would get for this work.

Thanks

Re: Area Drain Job...What Would You Charge?

What did you get for this job?
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Hard to say as rates are different across the country.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Tough crowd here I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooterserv View Post
          Tough crowd here I guess.
          Welcome to the forum. We are not a tough crowd..some of the most knowledgable people in the world are on this board. You just came off sounding like you either need to price a job out and dont know what to charge, or your not comfortable on what you charged to cable lines.

Gearjunkie pretty much said it right. Prices vary everywhere for drain cleaning. You might charge $95 to clear a main drain in CA and i might charge $205 to clear a main drain over here on the east coast.

I cant imagine your price being to high since your not doing any jetting or video inspection. So my question is, what did you charge?
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

in wisconsin i would have charged between 400-500.00 without seeing the job or that is what i would have qouted.
            a national company that i will not name would have charged $1769.00 by their standard billing but they might have a price break for that many?
            Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
            1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
              Welcome to the forum.
              Thanks. Been lurking and reading through for about a month now.

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
              in wisconsin i would have charged between 400-500.00 without seeing the job or that is what i would have qouted.
              a national company that i will not name would have charged $1769.00 by their standard billing but they might have a price break for that many?
              Thanks appleton for the prompt reply. We ended up at $1282.50 for the job with a 10% discount.

Comment

My price wouldve probably been triple yours. But i wouldve jetted and video inspected each one of them, then give a hefty warranty

Comment

Great thread.
                  Across the nation hundreds,if not thousands of readers have put off properly clearing their area drains for the last three and a half years.Now they're going to be calling this rainy season because the unclearable drain is backing up into the house and needs to cut conrete to replace.

Comment

It may not mean much as i am in vancouver, bc. The rates here vary like mad and at times ive heard guys here do it for 20 per hour and no eqt charge.

I know i would have charged out the eqt. at 300.00, 320.00 for the 4inch line and about 120.00 for each of the 25 lines, plus hst.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      Great thread.
                      Across the nation hundreds,if not thousands of readers have put off properly clearing their area drains for the last three and a half years.Now they're going to be calling this rainy season because the unclearable drain is backing up into the house and needs to cut conrete to replace.
                      that's what's up for tomorrows game plan. pool deck drains with clay original 60 year pipe and roots. along with styrene planter drains that are 10 years old.

the clay doesn't worry me, it's the styrene that's always an issue with unknown turns and tees.

2 hour minimum jetting charge for the trailer. hundreds of feet of hoses.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        that's what's up for tomorrows game plan. pool deck drains with clay original 60 year pipe and roots. along with styrene planter drains that are 10 years old.

the clay doesn't worry me, it's the styrene that's always an issue with unknown turns and tees.

2 hour minimum jetting charge for the trailer. hundreds of feet of hoses.

rick.
                        What's the customer's history..."Lay of the land" on the drains

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          What's the customer's history..."Lay of the land" on the drains
                          he's lived there for 10 years and did the styrene planter piping.

the pool deck is original old school clay piping.

he found me working a few weeks ago while jetting blocks from his house.

even scarier is he dated my cousin while in college small world.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

XXX.XX for the 1st hour, XX.XX every hour after 1st. Flat rating drain cleaning doesn't make since.
                            Will Rogers Plumbing
                            Moore, Oklahoma
                            (
                            405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              he's lived there for 10 years and did the styrene planter piping.

the pool deck is original old school clay piping.

he found me working a few weeks ago while jetting blocks from his house.

even scarier is he dated my cousin while in college small world.

rick.
                              That's one thing I've noticed about your family discussions there's always a hint of banjo playing in the background.Cousin/Brother,etc,etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X