X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 24 hr call out.

it might be but most customers see that and want to pay right away, or will discuses a payment plan. again it only has happed 2 times.
    and both time it was for individuals that had mutable properties and to much money.
    well I check a bill from one of my equipment suppliers and it stated anything over 30 days is net 12%
    also I have head of credit card company's charging folks 15-50% interested, isn't it the same ?
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      that sounds great, but is it legal?

i thought only 1.5% per month was allowed?

rick.

1.5% for here i know that.
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I charge a late fee of 50.00 after 30 days. After 60 days it`s to court
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I offer 24hr service and stipulate on phone it is payment in cash/cheque on completion(I am thinking of getting a mobile card setup).
          I work to all hours on weekends and just cruise along during the week.
          I believe the way of the future will be after hours weekend work as people want service and we are a service.
          I am in a town of approx 80,000 in australia and there is only 2-3 people at this stage offering this service.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
            I offer 24hr service and stipulate on phone it is payment in cash/cheque on completion(I am thinking of getting a mobile card setup).
            I work to all hours on weekends and just cruise along during the week.
            I believe the way of the future will be after hours weekend work as people want service and we are a service.
            I am in a town of approx 80,000 in australia and there is only 2-3 people at this stage offering this service.
            I agree 100% with this. Nights and weekends are a must to make money in the home service industry.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

i used to work for a guy all we did was service but at 4:00pm he would turn his phone off. his wife made good money and when she got home from work he was done for the day. it was tough to work for him NO OVERTIME. but it must be nice to have that luxury
              Mike
              Clark County Plumbing And Drain
              www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

24/7/365... only way I won't make it happen now is if I'm busy making it happen somewhere else. It is a sevice industry.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

im also in the uk

for out of hours drain unblocks in the dark are a no go for me manholes could be open and you know wot the uk is getting like sue britan

generally i will go out for emergency plumbing reapirs or priceing jobs up when the tel calls come in

24 hours a day 7 days a week but thats for energencys only not for people who want to chat or pee me off

had a few in the past and i do get snotty if im woke up at 4am for a quote for a shower YES THIS HAS HAPPENED

Comment

wot part of the uk r u in libby

Comment

We were always 24-hours 7-days a week and even though I was the owner the phone rang at my home most of the time. We picked up a lot of good accounts because of our availability and the guys took turns being on call so it was not too bad. The only thing I did not like about it was the morons who assumed 24-houes meant you were sitting there wait for their call instead of sleeping. We were 1 ½X after 6PM and 2X after 10 PM.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

yes ive picked up a few good accounts as well throught the 24 / 7 call out

and thats the name of the game really more decent customers who dont question you to much just present the invoice and they pay

Comment

Deano, i'm in bolton, manchester.
                          By the way, are you charging extra for turning out at 4am, or you charging the same, 24/7? Do you get many late calls, or just happy to advertise 24/7 as it makes good buisness sense? what area? thanks.

Comment

no dont get many 4 am calls for drains
                            but ive had a few for plumbing at 12 am plus
                            and had a plumbing job new years day in the past

had 1 at 11 pm which is the lated ive had for a drain that was in a pub and it was packed

yes i charge extra for anything out side 8 am till 6 pm monday to friday excluding bank holidays

but i also have a different rate for plumbing

i aslo have a different rate for one customer as ii get a very good amount of work off them

rates are a thing you wil find out if you get the work or dont get the work
                            this is one thing no one can advise you of experance will tell
                            and adjust it accordingly

and another thing i would say is dont give any one a price for rodding and then change it for jetting this does happen with some of the bigger companeys
                            stick to one price for both as usually its only a intercepter blocked and the plunger will unblock it
                            im in the northamptonshire area
                            Last edited by deanorod; 03-24-2008, 12:10 PM. Reason: missed bits out

Comment

Originally posted by deanorod View Post
                              no dont get many 4 am calls for drains
                              but ive had a few for plumbing at 12 am plus
                              and had a plumbing job new years day in the past

had 1 at 11 pm which is the lated ive had for a drain that was in a pub and it was packed

yes i charge extra for anything out side 8 am till 6 pm monday to friday excluding bank holidays

but i also have a different rate for plumbing

i aslo have a different rate for one customer as ii get a very good amount of work off them

rates are a thing you wil find out if you get the work or dont get the work
                              this is one thing no one can advise you of experance will tell
                              and adjust it accordingly

and another thing i would say is dont give any one a price for rodding and then change it for jetting this does happen with some of the bigger companeys
                              stick to one price for both as usually its only a intercepter blocked and the plunger will unblock it
                              im in the northamptonshire area

I get drain calls all time of day, night strictly for drains. I dont have an extra charge for nights, weekends, or holidays. My flat rate prices stay the same. Cant advertise or charge for the nights, weekends, holidays cause everyone in my area that advertises in the YP doesnt charge for it either, so who are they gonna call?

What i cant understand is, why someone would charge a jet price for cabling the line, or how can you unless your T&M. I charge more for jetting then cabling, but the customers know my prices upfront. So if i showed them it was going to cost 200 to snake the line, 400 to jet and end up charging them 400 for a snake job, then ive got some explaining to do.
                              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I love night work, night calls, emergency calls are fun, unless they are up on the hill, palos verdes, can't see anything at all.

if you quote jetter, better do jetter, if you quote cable, better do the cable.

I enjoy referalls and repeat business more then I enjoy new customers.
                                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X