X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 hr call out.

Okay, in the uk is now getting on for 1 am, in my local paper is one guy who adverts 24hr service, the only one till i start.

Would you test him, ? now.? would you say it's fair, okay?

How would you feel?

Should i fone to see if he's genuine?

He dosen't advertise a jetter or camera, which i shall,

Do you think i should ask him to join forces (split the advert cost).

Or, go for it myself?

Re: 24 hr call out.

if they say it they better do it, we have it and our plumbers rotate the call, they dont mind, extra pay is a great motivator, also our on call plumbers dont take in the call we pay our daytime dispatchers extra and they also rotate the call and like to earn extra money good system works very well

Comment

Happy to get your answer, in the uk, it's about £60, in my area, straight through, would this apply in your area,? all answers really appreciated.

Comment

If you want to do 24 hour service then do 24 hour service. All you have to do is put in the add that 24 hour service is available which means that you do it at your convenience and not take the calls 24 hours a day, you can schedule the work after your normal working hours. I would not recommend partnering up with someone over the cost of running an add!
        ________
        MARIJUANA VAPORIZER
        Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 05:49 PM.
        Mike

Comment

I do 24hr and if you call me out you better be ready to pay or my girl friend and my kids will kick you a$$
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Im 24 HR service as well. I dont care what time of day or night you call. But if your going to call me at 3am for a kitchen sink, then i better recieve cash or a check when im done. No billing is done unless its a preferred customer after 5pm. I dont care if its commercial or residental. I like when you get there with in an hour of the call at 3am, then you pull up and the 1st thing they ask you "Can you bill us?" Ummm no
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Now the subject of payment has arisen, what percentage of cheques do you get paid with ?

I'm really talking residential, as i suppose you have less of a problem with a commercial cheque.?

How often does a cheque "bounce"? are most people generally honest?

I'm a bit wary of going in a scruffy house and coming away with a cheque ?
              How do you guys feel/handle this?.

Comment

99% of the people we do work for pay with checks. I have found that the (scruffy) type of people you are referring to are the ones that I don't worry about paying. It is the ones that have money that don't pay they will string you out whenever they can. You don't have a crystal ball that tells you who will pay or not you just have to be trusting and if they screw you you put them on the dead beat list
                ________
                Marijuana Strain Green Crack
                Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 05:49 PM.
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
                  99% of the people we do work for pay with checks. I have found that the (scruffy) type of people you are referring to are the ones that I don't worry about paying. It is the ones that have money that don't pay they will string you out whenever they can. You don't have a crystal ball that tells you who will pay or not you just have to be trusting and if the screw you you put them on the dead beat list
                  I have to agree.
                  I have only had several checks with problems, all three were in affluent area's and it was an act of congress to get the people on the phone.
                  I've had customers where I was concerned with the check clearing and never once had a problem...strange & interesting, makes you wonder why.

Comment

To add to that, not one customer to date has ever stiffed payment.

Comment

Most of mine pay by check and I've only had one bad one.
                      My wife was pissed, she asked "who the h%ll wrote a check for $455"? I thought she was going to break out the baseball bat and bust some knee caps.
                      After a short looking into everything It turned out to be my own mother.
                      She wrote a check on the wrong account by mistake.(no, I didn't charge my own mum for drain work. It was for items I paid for and picked up for her).
                      I loved making that call. I told her I was going to send over some muscle to collect.
                      Mum on left, me on right.
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

i try not to bill i make sure people know i collect when im done. and its always the ones with money that forget to send you a check. ive only had 2 checks bounce on me both for over 3g's and one was from a church? go figure?
                        Mike
                        Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                        www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
                          i try not to bill i make sure people know i collect when im done. and its always the ones with money that forget to send you a check. ive only had 2 checks bounce on me both for over 3g's and one was from a church? go figure?
                          We had a Church stick us for $150.00, They called us again a year later to fix a flush valve, told them they had to pay up to get us out and they did surprisingly.
                          ________
                          I-active valve lift system
                          Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 05:51 PM.
                          Mike

Comment

I only bill on commercial accounts or mutable rental units. I have never had a bounced check yet.
                            I did have a slumlord drag out paying me a $800.00 bill for 90 days that became a $1200. "she did pay" On my commercial invoices payment is due with in 14 days, if not paid in 14 days there is a 25% change for extended billing. anything over 45 days there is %50 percent surcharge
                            again unless there is a prearranged extended payment plan. witch has only happed 2 times
                            Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                            1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
                              I only bill on commercial accounts or mutable rental units. I have never had a bounced check yet.
                              I did have a slumlord drag out paying me a $800.00 bill for 90 days that became a $1200. "she did pay" On my commercial invoices payment is due with in 14 days, if not paid in 14 days there is a 25% change for extended billing. anything over 45 days there is %50 percent surcharge
                              again unless there is a prearranged extended payment plan. witch has only happed 2 times
                              that sounds great, but is it legal?

i thought only 1.5% per month was allowed?

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X