trucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: trucks

I could never settle on what type of truck I want. When I first started working for my dad I was put in an old beat to heck Chevy C30 van. Then I took over my dad's 85 Chevy cut away with the extra large enclosed utility body. Gas mileage became an issue with that truck. So I went out and bought a used GMC S-15 with a little cap on it and only stocked it with basics like P-traps, pumps, brass plugs and my machines 1065, K-50, Water Ram, Ro Pump, and a bowl auger. After a while I realized I needed to upgrade to something bigger so I ended up in a brand new full size ½ ton pick up with a extra tall ARE cap. I had this thing loaded to the hilt. After 3 years I traded that in for a 1 ton extended Chevy van. The dealer wanted me to leave my pickup there and take the van that moment. Unloaded the pick up into the van, it filled the van from front to back floor to ceiling. I was amazed at all the stuff the pickup held the way I had it set up. Then came my wreck a guy ran a red light while I was turning left on an green arrow, my van flipped end over end. Now I am in a 2004 tall and long Sprinter.

So what I learned is you can make do with any size truck, it just depends on how you want to handle the stock. When I was in the small trucks I picked up material on the need basis, and had water heaters delivered to the site. Or you can have one large enough to carry everything you need including water heaters, and a water closet.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

you have some great looking rigs, very clean

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        I could never settle on what type of truck I want. When I first started working for my dad I was put in an old beat to heck Chevy C30 van. Then I took over my dad's 85 Chevy cut away with the extra large enclosed utility body. Gas mileage became an issue with that truck. So I went out and bought a used GMC S-15 with a little cap on it and only stocked it with basics like P-traps, pumps, brass plugs and my machines 1065, K-50, Water Ram, Ro Pump, and a bowl auger. After a while I realized I needed to upgrade to something bigger so I ended up in a brand new full size ½ ton pick up with a extra tall ARE cap. I had this thing loaded to the hilt. After 3 years I traded that in for a 1 ton extended Chevy van. The dealer wanted me to leave my pickup there and take the van that moment. Unloaded the pick up into the van, it filled the van from front to back floor to ceiling. I was amazed at all the stuff the pickup held the way I had it set up. Then came my wreck a guy ran a red light while I was turning left on an green arrow, my van flipped end over end. Now I am in a 2004 tall and long Sprinter.

So what I learned is you can make do with any size truck, it just depends on how you want to handle the stock. When I was in the small trucks I picked up material on the need basis, and had water heaters delivered to the site. Or you can have one large enough to carry everything you need including water heaters, and a water closet.
        Me too Ron on the various ways of working. Always find a way to get it done. I've roughed in slabs out of my old Honda Accord. I'll try to post some pics sometime.

J.C.

Comment

my van varies from just organized with new motror honey and, (why not the jetter is a pw after all) washed to a complete wreck where even I can't find anything, with no gas, no washer fluid, and the brake lights still don't work.

depends on if I had 10 calls or none and whether I had to talk to the ex or not...

it's just life.

as far as space goes, the law of ever expanding **** means whatever space I have will be filled...

the corallary, fortunately, is that what i need is in there somewhere if I can just remember when I used it last.

I think there are only two models for organization; a place for everything and everything in its place, and the big pile of ****. which works best for you depends on how good your memory is.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

heres the old girl.
            32 years old and everything is still where it is was the day she came off the line.
            Attached Files
            Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
            1-920-284-7471

Comment

so sweet.

and that beacon on top will let you park on the sidewalk and get away wit it lol.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

i have parked on any street and turned the light on and no one has looked twich at me .
                Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                1-920-284-7471

Comment

Working...
                X