trucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: trucks

What I really liked about the tilt foward Isuzus was the turning radius. It was great for making U-turns and such.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

This truck, is clean! I've all but given up on trying to clean that truck on a daily basis, it's pointless. I kicked tail this week and keeping it clean is low priority knowing that in a matter of hours it will look like I never touched it.

The picture was right before I headed out to rod a drain.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

gasp
        how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

I'm simple...chevy 1500 with cap, slide out trays on the bed.
          The best set-up I ever worked out of was an Isuzu walk-in box truck with all a plumber could possibly need except the PVC (too much space).

I whine often that I don't have space with my current set-up...but with fuel costs like they are...I'll live.

Comment

Originally posted by proplumb View Post
            gasp
            That is exactly what I was thinking. Call me annal but I believe there is a place for everything on a truck and when you put stuff away you will know where it is. Don't get me wrong as I had some great plumbers who were slobs with their trucks as well. If they did not clean it out after Brenda had given them a few warnings they got a week off without pay and a helper cleaned it out.

Mark

Comment

Thanks JC!! I appreciate it!
              Last edited by safeclean; 03-24-2008, 06:50 AM.

Comment

my first rig was a 1990 4runner
                I am now in a 2003 Chevy K2500 HD Crew Cab. I can pull or hall anything but I cant pass the gas station. it has the 6 litter vorteh.

6 MPG
                Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                1-920-284-7471

Comment

This is what I use. Every once in a while it has to puke in the drive way so I can clean it out. When I get bussy, cleaning the rig is not on the list of things to do.

http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                    This truck, is clean! I've all but given up on trying to clean that truck on a daily basis, it's pointless. I kicked tail this week and keeping it clean is low priority knowing that in a matter of hours it will look like I never touched it.

The picture was right before I headed out to rod a drain.
                    I'm in your boat, while some might see that as a mess...I see you replaced a toilet that day and were also carrying either a small water heater or some other fixture.
                    I wind up with chunks of concrete, old heaters, fixtures & mountains of demo'd pipe.
                    The big stuff goes in the dumpster at days end, but it can be a nightmare going from job to job trying to keep things organized with a std pick-up.

Comment

my truck gets cleaned at the end of each call. i clean before i right th einvoice up that way they cant say "why the extra half hour on here". if i show up with a clean truck thats how its gonna leave. this has worked well for me and saved hours of unpaid cleaning time.

Comment

thanx by the way for all of the responces

Comment

my truck gets cleaned at the end of each call. i clean before i right th einvoice up that way they cant say "why the extra half hour on here". if i show up with a clean truck thats how its gonna leave. this has worked well for me and saved hours of unpaid cleaning time.
                          That was always my point to my guys. If you make a mess of your truck while on the job you clean it before you write your invoice so the customer pays for the entire job. The idea of just throwing everything back on your truck and cleaning it up at the end of the week makes little sense.

Mark

Comment

I'm with you guys...clean after each call.
                            Also I drive a Chevy Astro cargo-van.
                            Downsides...small, not as much cargo space.

Upsides...much better fuel economy than large vans, fits into driveways and tight parking spots better, All-wheel-drive for the steep driveways out here in the mountians.
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I'm the exact same.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Nothin' says product endorsement like a cab full of pumps!

I'm on my 4th call today, been to two supply houses, two bank, a tool supply, home depot and a sign shop. Gotta go back out and install a prv and expansion tank just to even out the $600 I spent on pumps, alone!

Heavy rains by wednesday here and I got my first set of N53's with the separate float switch that I can adjust in and out of the pit to catch the largest table of water. Believe me, I will be charging more for the product since I'm offering better than my competition now.

See how far that seat goes back? That's why I don't own a van. You can't get that sportscar like seating for a fat *** like me. Oh wow I just found some fig newtons on the truck that's been missing for a few days........cool!

It's all about the dollar and timing, the clutter is unavoidable in the way I do things. I'm certainly not condoning my sloppiness, I'm just having fun showin' it off. Now see josh..........You saw how dirty my truck was when we rode to the restaurant, can you see how safe you was that day compared to now?

Werd!
                                Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 03-24-2008, 03:52 PM.
                                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X