X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: trucks

I will be charging more for the product since I'm offering better than my competition now.

Something to bear in mind!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by libbyloulou View Post
      I will be charging more for the product since I'm offering better than my competition now.

Something to bear in mind!!!!

Yep yep!

I used to get M53's for $88 with tax included, would sell for $135 on straight time, $160 on overtime.

These N53's I picked up for $99 with tax included, $22 for the separate switch assembly plus tax. So.......$125 my cost, I'm selling these for $169 like they have at HD's competitor's brand *Ridgid* (sorry ridgid, gotta have something without callbacks against the SSP-1000) and $200 on overtime rate.

I won't offer both styles as I'll have the one coming out as proof that the switches fail given the problems associated with excessive cycling.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
        See how far that seat goes back? That's why I don't own a van. You can't get that sportscar like seating for a fat *** like me
        Only gangstas drive with the seat that far back

Wouldn't it just be easier to take out the front seat and drive from the rear?

Where can I buy one of those misting fans?

Those better not be low fat Fig Newtons

Comment

[quote=DUNBAR;130964]Nothin' says product endorsement like a cab full of pumps!

I'm on my 4th call today, been to two supply houses, two bank, a tool supply, home depot and a sign shop. Gotta go back out and install a prv and expansion tank just to even out the $600 I spent on pumps, alone!

Heavy rains by wednesday here and I got my first set of N53's with the separate float switch that I can adjust in and out of the pit to catch the largest table of water. Believe me, I will be charging more for the product since I'm offering better than my competition now.

See how far that seat goes back? That's why I don't own a van. You can't get that sportscar like seating for a fat *** like me. Oh wow I just found some fig newtons on the truck that's been missing for a few days........cool!

It's all about the dollar and timing, the clutter is unavoidable in the way I do things. I'm certainly not condoning my sloppiness, I'm just having fun showin' it off. Now see josh..........You saw how dirty my truck was when we rode to the restaurant, can you see how safe you was that day compared to now?

How in the heck do you find any of your hand tools in that dumpster?
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Here's my set up, a couple of these were taken with the Blackberry so they're a little fuzzy. 2004 3/4 Ton HD Pro Series GMC Savanna w/Adrien Steel rack system set up inside. I love this thing! Vortec v8 has plenty of power for pulling the MONSTER!!! Plus it has wings so i can fly right over the Chicago traffic. (I WISH) I wanna see some more pics of other rigs. This is a cool topic, lets see em!

www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
              Here's my set up, a couple of these were taken with the Blackberry so they're a little fuzzy. 2004 3/4 Ton HD Pro Series GMC Savanna w/Adrien Steel rack system set up inside. I love this thing! Vortec v8 has plenty of power for pulling the MONSTER!!! Plus it has wings so i can fly right over the Chicago traffic. (I WISH) I wanna see some more pics of other rigs. This is a cool topic, lets see em!

Saltz, awesome pics. I like the open on the rear side of the van, i have never seen that before....That jetter is hot by the way
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

Another drum man too...are you going to the roundup. Nice Spartan machines there as well, i love the 100.

Comment

DUNBAR how did you get those pictures of my truck cab....lol

I`m way to busy to stop and clean the truck between calls as I might do 10 to 15 calls a day. If I did stop and clean it I could only do 1/2 of em. My mess means I made money that day
                  Slow days are made for truck pucking
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                    DUNBAR how did you get those pictures of my truck cab....lol

I`m way to busy to stop and clean the truck between calls as I might do 10 to 15 calls a day. If I did stop and clean it I could only do 1/2 of em. My mess means I made money that day
                    Slow days are made for truck pucking

10-15 calls a day What do you work 5am to 12am straight thru?? What size radius do you cover...

Comment

I have basically the same van. One ton with the six liter. I finally filled the gas tank all the way up(at a cost of nearly a $100 ) and got 375 miles out of it.

Next van will be a diesel!

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                        This truck, is clean! I've all but given up on trying to clean that truck on a daily basis, it's pointless. I kicked tail this week and keeping it clean is low priority knowing that in a matter of hours it will look like I never touched it.

The picture was right before I headed out to rod a drain.

That is just great.......what if you need something in the front?? I mean, in front of the toilet and copper fittings??

I am sorry, I have to have a clean van, I put everything right back in place everytime I finish a job, before I leave tot he next call, it only takes minutes when the van is organized.

Now, I know guys that have stuff piled from floor to roof, side to side, the amazing thing is they know where everything is when the y need it.

Amazing, amazing, amazing
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                          I have basically the same van. One ton with the six liter. I finally filled the gas tank all the way up(at a cost of nearly a $100 ) and got 375 miles out of it.

Next van will be a diesel!

Diesel is 4.17 a gallon up here, cheap unleaded is 3.56 average....unless you go to costco
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

My Blackwood, my 4X4 and all of my motorcyles take 91 Octane so I'm paying a premium price on everything but my work truck.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                              10-15 calls a day What do you work 5am to 12am straight thru?? What size radius do you cover...
                              it`s 11:16 pm I just got home. I left home today at 6:30am
                              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                                it`s 11:16 pm I just got home. I left home today at 6:30am

10-15 jobs, or acouple tough ones? if your doing 10-15 jobs daily, i hope they are close, or i wouldnt want your gas bill

Comment

Working...
                                X