X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trucks

im curiouse to see what setups the rest of you guys are running right now. my new company will be specified towards drain cleaning only and i will probably get a pickup to start with. any ideas or past ideas gone bad i would love to here. also how often are you all cleaning out (washing) machines and your trucks out?

thnx
    how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Re: trucks

I drive a 2003 toyota tundra contractor edition. Very limited. Have 97k miles and have never had a single issue with it. My snake cables are clean enough where they don't mess up the bed. I do plumbing and hvac though so I can't carry as much as I'd like.

If I had the money and was only doing draincleaning, I would get a box van such as a sprinter with a hackney body.
    Last edited by gear junkie; 03-23-2008, 05:42 PM.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

never the contractor edition must not be av. in canada or it slipped past me

Comment

Originally posted by proplumb View Post
        im curiouse to see what setups the rest of you guys are running right now. my new company will be specified towards drain cleaning only and i will probably get a pickup to start with. any ideas or past ideas gone bad i would love to here. also how often are you all cleaning out (washing) machines and your trucks out?

thnx

Proplumb. PM with with some info on what you guys are doing. Id love to give you some ideas. My truck is strictly a drain cleaning truck, so i might be able to give you some ideas.

Greg
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Here's mine

Mark
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ToUtahNow; 03-23-2008, 06:01 PM.
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

utah great clean rig im jelouse nicely done

Comment

utah great clean rig im jelouse nicely done
              Thank you but to be fair you might notice I don't carry parts, only cameras, locators and test equipment. Even the K-60 is just on the truck for pushing a sonde.

Mark

Comment

true but still looks like a pro set-up

Comment

never the contractor edition must not be av. in canada or it slipped past me
                  Inside joke that only I'm in on(bad sense of humor). I modified my sr5 trd tundra to suit my needs. It was cheaper than buying a work truck as my tundra has been paid off for awhile.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

To Utah now,I agree, you have a very professional looking clean set up. I am just starting out and have a GMC 4500 (Isuzu) with a 16' box with a tuckaway liftgate, that has my portable jetter ,uemsi color camera system,electric eel,General speedrooter,and k380 ,and hot water pressure washing equipment.I also Have a UD 1800 box truck with an 18' box truck mounted jetter,550 gallon tank,330 gallon recovery tank,10k watt watercooled kohler generator,reelcraft hose reels,electric eel,mini jetter ,Uemsi color camera system .I have a fullsize Dodge 1 ton extended van too that I will be trading in this spring for a small cargo van like an Astro Cargo van for small jobs.Now all I need to do is get this thing started and start making money with this stuff!!!

Comment

what did you win the lotto

Comment

Originally posted by safeclean View Post
                        To Utah now,I agree, you have a very professional looking clean set up. I am just starting out and have a GMC 4500 (Isuzu) with a 16' box with a tuckaway liftgate, that has my portable jetter ,uemsi color camera system,electric eel,General speedrooter,and k380 ,and hot water pressure washing equipment.I also Have a UD 1800 box truck with an 18' box truck mounted jetter,550 gallon tank,330 gallon recovery tank,10k watt watercooled kohler generator,reelcraft hose reels,electric eel,mini jetter ,Uemsi color camera system .I have a fullsize Dodge 1 ton extended van too that I will be trading in this spring for a small cargo van like an Astro Cargo van for small jobs.Now all I need to do is get this thing started and start making money with this stuff!!!
                        ok north east PA and greg is south east PA i'd say the east side of PA is covered
                        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by safeclean View Post
                          When I still had a plumbing shop my truck was a Isuzu with 14' Harbor tall sided utility bed which had a full 8' walkin super-structure on top. However, the trucks either stayed with the business when I sold it or were sold off as excess inventory. I always liked that we did not need to go to the supply house for anything but for the work and miles I do now it just would not work out.

Mark

Comment

I wish! I'd be in a nice log home in Colorado fly fishing all day if I hit the lottery! I bought the trucks and equipment all used,all over the country over the last couple of years ,all cash,no debt while working 60 to 70 hour weeks driving a truck.While buying and selling other equipment that I get good deals on.No car payments for the last 6 years,no credit cards,no vacations,while supporting 3 kids and 3 grand kids (I'm a 43 year old grandpa)
                            living comfortably ,but investing in equipment and researching the business. I would say 90% of the equipment was bought on Ebay for a fraction of the new price,but it is all in nice shape,I won't buy beat up equipment.I would love all new equipment,but I needed to do it this way and not go in debt,while having only 1 income.I have owned other businesses in the past ,2 restaurants,a restaurant supply business,all were successful,but I did not live with in my means in the early 90's and crashed financially,young ,undisciplined with money(knew how to make it,but not keep it!),and had to start over,but with a different perspective on debt and money.Sorry about the long winded story,I just did not want to sound obnoxius about my equipment,but am proud of how I acquired it while not going in debt and supporting a family while working a fulltime job

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              When I still had a plumbing shop my truck was a Isuzu with 14' Harbor tall sided utility bed which had a full 8' walkin super-structure on top. However, the trucks either stayed with the business when I sold it or were sold off as excess inventory. I always liked that we did not need to go to the supply house for anything but for the work and miles I do now it just would not work out.

Mark
                              I like the cabover box trucks too.I had a bar and restaurant supply route business in the early 90's and whenever one of my 2 cube vans were in the shop,I would rent an Isuzu from Ryder and just could not get over how comfortable they were to drive.I ended up buying a new Mitsubishi in 94 and it was a great little truck. I like the sprinters,but they are out of my price range right now,and honestly I think the isuzu and UD box trucks are more rugged,hold more and are a better value all around,but with the price of fuel the Sprinters 24 mpg looks pretty good.I drive a 2007 Peterbilt day cab right now,and run from North Jersey to upstate NY everyday,and the fuel cost everyday with the current price of diesel is almost $600 a day,I'm glad I just drive it and not own it !

Comment

Working...
                              X