Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: handheld power augars

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
    Hey Drain Medic why do you say the auto spin is junk ?
    I have been using one for 2 years, and only had to replace the cable 3-4 times?
    it works great in urinals and sinks that you don't think the trap will come off without replacing the plumbing. "Galvanized "

Only 3-4 times in 2 years. Thats 3-4 times to many. Go back into the Drain Cleaning Discussion and find all the lovely posts and comments about the Autospin. They are junk, and there are many people on here who will agree.

The autospin is for the DIYs. Not the pros.

I have 6 machines and out of all of them, i havent changed 3-4 cables in 2 yrs.
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Re: handheld power augars

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
      Never liked the 81. It's to easy to throw a loop inside the drum. I even put a wing nut on it to try to keep the cable from throwing a loop. It has it's purpose I guess. The hand drill with the three point chuck is better IMO, some people don't like it because it's heavy but I think it's fine.

I had that problem too. You cant tourque it to much or thats what will happen. Also if you dont anchor it to the drum, then you will loop up fast. Havent had a loop up since i anchored to the drum.
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
      X