X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New electric jet...or soon to be!

So I picked up this electric pressure washer at an auction Saturday. It was a steal. I paid $190.00 and it came with all the paperwork and extra parts. I could not beleive that all the parts were there with it still. It apparently is a high end washer used quite often by professionals and rental companies. I found the same unit on the net selling for close to $800.00

I need to get this set up for small jet jobs right away. Do any of you have suggestions for hose size and length, what type of reel and a nozzle kit. I have found where to buy most of the parts i need such as a conversion kit but some of you may know other places for me to look. Any help would be great.
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: New electric jet...or soon to be!

Great pick up. Give us some pics after you have it set up to be a jetter
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I made my own jetter out of a power washer(gas), easy to do but I was never totally happy with it compared to our trailer jetter.

Comment

Contact www.watercannon.com-purchase 1/4" hose{125 ft] along with foot valve and nozzles. Buy generator or use customer's elect. untill you are ready to buy one.Should work well on 2" lines.Or contact Shamrock Pipe Tools or Ridgid,all good companies.
        Kenneth Collier
        Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
        Jackson, MS 39206
        (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
        drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

jr, water cannon is a very good source.

here is the problem i see with that machine.

it's nameplate shows 20 amps. i have 2 electric units that show 17 amps and they both trip a 20 amp breaker under load.

truthfully if you need a generator to run that unit, i would just as well purchase a 5.5 or 6.5 h.p gas pressure washer unit. 6.5 will get you approx. 3gpm at 2500-2700 psi. no extension cords and a gasllon of gas will last hours.

keep the electric for your shop to wash equipment and trucks.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Guru Rick,I agree with you. Just trying to give a starting point since money has alread been spent on an elect. p.w. I aslo believe in k-60 power,Started taking k-1500 on roofs in1993,purchased k-75 appx.2001,easier to take onto roofs, shattered my ankle in dec 2002, 3 months later purchased k-6o .Excellent machine.
            Kenneth Collier
            Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
            Jackson, MS 39206
            (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
            drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              jr, water cannon is a very good source.

here is the problem i see with that machine.

it's nameplate shows 20 amps. i have 2 electric units that show 17 amps and they both trip a 20 amp breaker under load.

truthfully if you need a generator to run that unit, i would just as well purchase a 5.5 or 6.5 h.p gas pressure washer unit. 6.5 will get you approx. 3gpm at 2500-2700 psi. no extension cords and a gasllon of gas will last hours.

keep the electric for your shop to wash equipment and trucks.

rick.
              Rick,

I am a bit concerned about this as well. I was going to give it a try and see how it works. I am confident that in most commercial kitchens i can find a good outlet that will give me what i need.

I have used electric jets in the past that would almost always pop a breaker on residential but were less likely to do so in a restaurant.

For the price i may as well give it a try don't you think?
              www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
                Rick,

I am a bit concerned about this as well. I was going to give it a try and see how it works. I am confident that in most commercial kitchens i can find a good outlet that will give me what i need.

I have used electric jets in the past that would almost always pop a breaker on residential but were less likely to do so in a restaurant.

For the price i may as well give it a try don't you think?
                got nothing to lose.

residential will be an issue.

commercial kitchens should have a 20 amp outlet for their counter appliances.

just make sure you have a backup plan if the breaker does trip. as it gets hot the breaker will trip even faster.

still the electric will have limitations and not sure a commercial kitchen will benefit from a small jetter.

so now you have the large and small jetters.

what you need is a good midsized machine. try 5.6gpm at 3500psi. 18h.p gas will do a nice job up to 4'' some 6''.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X