X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nothing to brag about

A service call I did monday..... The most time consuming part of the job was there was no sweep to gain access. access was A "T" I'm sure the plumbing inspector give it a thumbs up when installed..... and when you got roots on your sectionals your going to be there a while .
    Attached Files
    Never give up on your dreams..

dreams are what make us forge ahead.

Re: nothing to brag about

Impressive,How long did it take? What type cutter head did you use?
    Kenneth Collier
    Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
    Jackson, MS 39206
    (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
    drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
      Impressive,How long did it take? What type cutter head did you use?

Was there about 2 hours,,, not really impressive by my standards,,, a lot of bigger one's that are posted here.... for now.... didn't even have to brake out my 100' tape...

Take care buddy,

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by rooter-mania View Post
        Was there about 2 hours,,, not really impressive by my standards,,, a lot of bigger one's that are posted here.... for now.... didn't even have to brake out my 100' tape...

Take care buddy,

Scott
        Edit...................... was a 3.5 inch spiral cutter

Comment

Good Pull.
          How long? 12`?
          Where did they come from, I see no trees in those pictures?
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
            Good Pull.
            How long? 12`?
            Where did they come from, I see no trees in those pictures?

I tried to use trick photography,,, not very long...... trees all around....
            have to get use of new camera,,, the pain the the butt was trying to get the eels out from a "T" c/o with the wrap.... downstream....

Scott

Comment

Nice catch, how far out?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Nice drill. Looks just like my 'Edith'.
                I have a longer shaft on mine though 1' (jealous?) , I,ve thought of cutting it shorter but I like the idea of the cable being further away from me just in case. Have you used a drill with a longer shaft but found you prefer it shorter? I'm thinking shorter may offer more control.
                Attached Files
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I'd get that stuffed and mounted.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                    Nice drill. Looks just like my 'Edith'.
                    I have a longer shaft on mine though 1' (jealous?) , I,ve thought of cutting it shorter but I like the idea of the cable being further away from me just in case. Have you used a drill with a longer shaft but found you prefer it shorter? I'm thinking shorter may offer more control.

You name your equipment too !,.... I guess I'm not the only one.... I name mine Bunny... they just keep going.... going.....

I make my mine by cutting off and end of my old Eels,,, grinding off the outer cable wound,,, and punching out the pin of the inner cable..... insert a 1/2" bolt and have it tack weld..... thats good old Yankee ingenuity

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      Nice catch, how far out?
                      about 10' in..... ran the Eel's to the next c/o about 50' away...

Back of an old strip mall.... could not go back stream because the second c/o had a sweep.

Comment

Aren't you guy worried about getting the cable stuck with that thing? I mean it seems like it would be hard to retrieve a cable(if it was stuck) with a hand machine instead of a drain machine firmly planted on the ground.

Does seem like a great idea though.

Comment

I only go about 130lbs but I think I can hold my ground better than a drain machine
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

And what do you mean by "that thing"?? Her Name is EDITH

Comment

Does EDITH have variable speed as she looks like an accident waiting to happen, and thats a women for you.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X