X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Fixxed My Jetter!!!!!!

Hello buddies!!!..i finally figured out why my jetter wouldnt go beyond 2100 p.s.i......the PRESET-SCREW for the unloader valve was set so you couldnt go past 2100p.s.i.....i tightned up on the screw and then tightned up on the unloader dial and guess what?..i got the booger up to 2600 p.s.i. the other day!!!....it was just in time because i had to hydro-jet this million dollar mansion in a very rich neighborhood(down the street from where George Bush will be staying)..the customer owns like 10-15 pizzaria restaurants in Dallas. (i jet them also!!)...at his house i jetted 4 150' yard drains full of dirt and roots. he didnt think they were unstoppable, so yes he was IMPRESSED!!!....this is the first time i seen my jetter clear ALL the roots out of the line!!you shoulda seen all those roots flying outta there!! (= I just started smileing because now i have a MONSTER for a jetter. i have one question though,,,i forgot that i had the unloader valve tighned all the way down and i guess that disabled the engine from starting up because it sounded like it was straining to start. but when i relieved the valve the jetter started right up. if the salesman hold told me about the screw then i wouldve been happy wit it last year. Will running my jetter at 2600p.s.i. damage anything although the pump says 2500 max?...can i overtighten the unloader valve and mess something up?......let me know fellas because i dont wanna mees up this $15,000 investment!!(its allready paid for itself!!)....Thank you fellas in advance for your advice!!

Happy Jetting,
    Lonestar
    Last edited by lonestardrain; 03-27-2008, 09:09 PM.

Re: I Fixxed My Jetter!!!!!!

Glad you got that pressure thing fixed.
    As for too high of pressure yes it has effects like the higher you go in pressure the more heat is created in the pump causing it to fail sooner. So just keep it low and turn it up only when you actually need it. Yours running at 2100psi has actually helped it life wise. But companys rate there pumps lower than the true psi a pump will do. More psi is also harder on the motor and whatever the drive is be it gear or belt.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

How high of pressure can you go up to still you start damaging the lines? Probably not a problem in pvc and cast but otherwise I would think you would start peeling off the insides of the pipe.

Josh

Comment

thaks again buddies.......i will do that........if i ever have to replace the pump it isnt THAT expensive is it??.....i think if it ever blows out and cant be repaired i will put a 3000psi pump on it......will this work????...right now i am happy to have it working properly!!

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          How high of pressure can you go up to still you start damaging the lines? Probably not a problem in pvc and cast but otherwise I would think you would start peeling off the insides of the pipe.

Josh
          Josh, for my information, if you don't mind,, safe in cast,pvc,...what else is the piping made of over there,? do you get our earthenware?pot?

You have a pitch stuff, that slowly collapses over time?

What material would you NOT jet with extreme pressures?

(ps) not that kinda pot!
          Last edited by libbyloulou; 03-29-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
            thaks again buddies.......i will do that........if i ever have to replace the pump it isnt THAT expensive is it??.....i think if it ever blows out and cant be repaired i will put a 3000psi pump on it......will this work????...right now i am happy to have it working properly!!
            as you raise the pressure, you will lower the volume. assuming you will be running the same horsepower.

figure you're machine was 12 gpm at 2500psi.

at 3000psi, figure 10 gpm. or so.

personally, at this pressure, i would go with volume over pressure.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X