X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Grease Stains On Jetter Tank!!

hello again fellas.....how in the hell do you get those ugly dark grease/smuge marks left on the tank from the hoses riding on top of it? i have tried windex,liquid stain remover,and other stuff...i know you guys know EXACTLY what to use to get those ugly marks off.....i take pride in my equipment looking fresh and new so any advice would be appreciated.

lonestar

Re: Dark Grease Stains On Jetter Tank!!

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
    hello again fellas.....how in the hell do you get those ugly dark grease/smuge marks left on the tank from the hoses riding on top of it? i have tried windex,liquid stain remover,and other stuff...i know you guys know EXACTLY what to use to get those ugly marks off.....i take pride in my equipment looking fresh and new so any advice would be appreciated.

lonestar
    I have had that problem trying to clean my drum machines..
    and have used wesley's white out.... It's a product that cleans your white walls or lettering on your auto tires..... I use it with a soft nylon scrubby pad.

Scott
    Never give up on your dreams..

dreams are what make us forge ahead.

Comment

I use the cleaner/degreaser from the dollar store. Works great on my machines.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I also own an auto detail shop, I just use our motor degreaser to clean every thing and it works I have to clean my K-7500 for a job on Sunday, I`ll post before pics and after and you`ll carp
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

And just thinking of it Mineral spirits ( paint thinner) because I also own a paint store....
          Never give up on your dreams..

dreams are what make us forge ahead.

Comment

i use silicone spray as it will keep the hoses slick and allow them to glide over the tank.

why are the hoses running over the tank?

my 3-hoses are mounted on the rear, and a front one with 50' of spray hose to clean up.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post

lonestar
              Scrub it down with household cleanser like Comet. That will whiten the tank. Then go over it with a quality (non-alchohol) dashboard protectant. The protectant will make it shiny and water will bead on it. Not armorall.
              Pete
              Drain Biz
              Articles, Videos, Industry News

Comment

i'd like to thank all of you for your wisdom...rick, most of the time its the supply hose going over the tank...instead of my lazy *** unwinding and pulling the hose AROUND the tank, i just pull it over it depending on where the hydrant is located....same isssue with the jetter hose...after i coment it up and degrease those stains, i will not pull it over the tank again!!! )= .......thank ALL of you for advice, i feel better allready!!

lonestar

Comment

The Comet And Elbow Grease Did The Trick!!!!....thanks Buddies!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                    I also own an auto detail shop, I just use our motor degreaser to clean every thing and it works I have to clean my K-7500 for a job on Sunday, I`ll post before pics and after and you`ll carp

After

Comment

wooo- wwwwoooooooo, show off! anyway i can see a piece of dirty cable through the hole (bottom right) don't come round my house with that dirt on it!!!

Anyway, as this thread has run it's course, (i think) could you lads tell me, do you need a water permit to extract water from a hydrant?

I have been told we do, but the same person tells me that Dyno-Rod in britain just will not pay for that!

Comment

yep or we go to jail for stealing

Comment

It's frowned on but never enforced

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                            yep or we go to jail for stealing
                            Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            It's frowned on but never enforced

I'm trying to learn here, getting coflicting stories, is this because of different areaa?

When you say go to jail, do you mean in custody for a while, e.g., two or
                            , three hours till bailed?

Comment

Here, you need a permit and special water meter to take water from a meter. Permit is for limited time then you are required to turn the meter back in and pay for water used. No one ever does. They just keep using the meter without turning it back in.

Comment

Working...
                              X