X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole Saw for Concrete

Does anyone know of a Hole Saw for Concrete?

I have to install a C/O in a floor on the ground floor level and the sewer is in the basement up agents that floor.

Damn plumbers dont understand we cant clean em 10` off the ground....rotflmao
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: Hole Saw for Concrete

How big?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

well it`s a 4" sewer so I`d say 6" hole saw so I get some room if I miss by a 1/4 or so

Comment

they make core bits but you know the rig you need to operate them, draw the circle and take your hammer drill with the largest bit you have and start punching holes within the circle to make your hole. you can clean it up with a side grider and a diamond blade, but that probably wont be necessary, done a lot the same way or we also have 2 and half inch spline drive core bit that works well doing it the same way as already mentioned, after you recrete you can blend it in pretty easy, hope this helps but if you already know all this it felt good to say anyway ps just like playing connect the dots.
        Last edited by aero1; 03-27-2008, 10:12 PM.

Comment

I would rent a core drill from a local rental house, unless you will need this many more times in the future.
          www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

you have the play toys, and i have the plumbing toys

to do a professional job, you need a diamond core bit with either a hand held coring machine or a bolt down coreing stand.

they make dry drilling bits that fit a regular grinder 5/8'' arbor. still use water to cool them.

my bits go from 1'' -12''.

rick.
            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-28-2008, 01:02 AM. Reason: delete in ground portion
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post

I have to install a C/O in a floor on the ground floor level and the sewer is in the basement up agents that floor.

The highest I've done is about 6' off the ground but I see no reason why 10' wouldn't be possible with a little Yankee ingenuity.
              I don't want to turn this into sectional VS drum BS, but with a sectional and (your really gonna love this) a drill It can be done. Would it be a pain in the a$$? Sure it would, but if this is a one time snaking then I think it would be easier then coring. Plus, If you get it at 10' off the ground and no one else can, they have no choice but to call you in the future.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Just make sure you use a pacometer or a ferroscan first.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

What happens if you cut through a piece of rebar or something and 20yrs from now the floor collapses from something that has nothing to do with you cutting rebar? Your going to make some lawyers day.
                  I know your a drum guy so, can you get a man lift or, scaffolding into that area? Then use your machine from that platform?
                  Last edited by Gene Bickford; 03-28-2008, 12:54 AM.
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    Just make sure you use a pacometer or a ferroscan first.

Mark
                    What's this Mark?
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

couldn't you make a snoot from PVC to guide the cable into the pipe? i've done this a few times. you'll need someone to hold the snoot so it doesn't try to "walk away" while snaking. i can just about put my cable anywhere i want.

steve
                      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I was gonna use a guide pipe and do it like I do roof vents but the stairs and a boiler make me want to do it from the first floor.
                        I think I`m just gonna bid the job from installing one out-side. I still have to cut concrete but out there I can use the concrete saw and backhoe

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          What's this Mark?
                          To look for rebar and structural steel.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

http://www.dynatech-diamond.com

They have a wide assortment of wet and dry bits
                            ________
                            WEBSITE HOST
                            Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 05:55 PM.
                            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
                              http://www.dynatech-diamond.com

They have a wide assortment of wet and dry bits

p.s. if you're going to the round up

they are located right next to the ridgid factory.

look up their address

ridgid use to sell coring equipment and this was their product line.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X