Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had someone try to pull a fast one on them ?????

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had someone try to pull a fast one on them ?????

what would you have done ?
    last night I had a new customer who had a toilet and a sink back up. the 3 1/2" was solid grease. I jetted it out.
    after completing the bill, the customer said he wasn't going to pay the bill!
    he had stated that I tracked grease all over his house. the only time I was in the upstairs was to look at the sink and toilet.
    I had asked him to see the plumbing in the basement, and the plumber that installed the job had put the most clean outs I have ever seen. so I check one to see if the back up was at that clean out. I found it was all grease. so I jetted it.
    as I was arguing with the man his wife came in the kitchen and started yelling at him, she called him more works than I have heard out of an old lady in quit some time.
    P.S. I used the basement access in the garage to do the job. and I always use little blue bootees on my boots.
    so my question is would you have augured with the man knowing your right?
    or would you have tried to clean the mess?
    the man had tracked in the grease from working on an old tractor in the garage.

the homeowner had a shoe size of 9ish I would say. I wear a 14"
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Re: Has anyone had someone try to pull a fast one on them ?????

Well the 1st question is, did you tell him the price upfront??? Did he sign something (invoice) with the price on it??? Did you tell him about his different options if there was a problem, before you started the job?

If yes to all of the above, there shouldnt be a debate, maybe a discount, but not a debate.
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I warn the owner every time i do a job that there is a potential to make a mess of some sort but i will take every precaution to ensure i don't. They sign the ticket which basically states the same thing at the bottom of the page and away i go.

If they want to argue it later, at least you have something in writing. If its worth the time and effort, let them know that your attorney will be in touch. This usually spurs some sort of reaction. If not a letter from your attorney will usually do the trick because they are backed into a corner.
      www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

the homeowner tried to say he wasn't paying the bill due to me tracking grease over his carpet. I wasn't even in that room.
        his wife noticed what he was doing, and let him have it.
        I sometimes cant type into words due to my mind going at a 1,000,000. miles an hour
        Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
        1-920-284-7471

Comment

I always tell em before I pull a C/O plug that Theres gonna be a mess that they will have to clean up them self.

Link on how it`s done
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23idq...eature=related
          Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 03-28-2008, 02:05 PM.
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

deepening on the mess I will try to clean it up to a point.
            Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
            1-920-284-7471

Comment

Not me. I only clean up my mess I make. The sewage is for the cleaning Co.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                I always tell em before I pull a C/O plug that Theres gonna be a mess that they will have to clean up them self.

Link on how it`s done
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23idq...eature=related

Dunbar already posted a link to his vid's a month or so past, his name is Ed Cirigliano, an inspector in a town I work in ...very animated guy.

Comment

I like em I worked for a guy just like em when I was just getting in to plumbing. He was out of New York and moved here. He`s a real jack a$$....rotflmao but he`s to the point

Comment

Sure have, here is one such occasion.

Lady called and said her tub faucet was leaking and her son-in-law has worked on it. I get there and immediately get that funny feeling and find the tub filled with toys and such to the top. I remove most of the junk and find the faucet leaking in three places. Ripped out all of the CPVC and installed copper. Happy customer I think as I am walking away.

The next day I find out she called and said I scratched her tub.

We do not bill at the time of service, we give them 30 days.
                    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
                      the homeowner tried to say he wasn't paying the bill due to me tracking grease over his carpet. I wasn't even in that room.
                      his wife noticed what he was doing, and let him have it.
                      I sometimes cant type into words due to my mind going at a 1,000,000. miles an hour

Well it is understandable. Is this business, we know we are going to make a mess. Either by sewage, or grease or whatever. Do you carry plastic? I actually carry a huge roll of advesive carpet tape. Its awesome. It sticks to the carpets, or floors and wide enough for machines.

Honestly, you just need to cover all your grounds. I have had people call me back after i left telling me that there was sewage or grease on their carpet in different rooms. I just simply go out, look at what they are talking about and take it from there. Normally its not my fault, but i have tracked grease once or twice and gladly split my bill, or paid to have the carpets cleaned.
                      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I signed a contract with a remediation company, and one thing they include is carpet cleaning / floor cleaning as a free service to me.

I have drop cloths and have yet to make a mess, knock on wood.
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

in that video i did not see the house trap so it must be out side ,how come he did not try to go from the vent on the trap back in to the house .
                          just a thought
                          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                            in that video i did not see the house trap so it must be out side ,how come he did not try to go from the vent on the trap back in to the house .
                            just a thought
                            House trap?
                            No such animal in this state.

Comment

Plumbers are supposed to fix problems, not cause them. Great video on what not to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X