http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Re: 49.99 drain cleaning?

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      I`m gonna use this one next time
      lol...me too!!

Comment

I would never guarantee a rod job. Especially if I caught some white mice, or those "flushable" wipes.

Comment

In Australia, a drain is any of the fixtures connected to the house sewer.
          So an offer to clean a drain for $49.99 will undoubtably turn into a blocked house sewer line @ $180.00 minimum.
          Scenario, You arrive on site, check the alleged blocked drain, do nothing at this point. Then check all other fixtures and upon finding another blocked drain declare to the "Owner" You have a main house sewer blockage that is affecting other fixtures, My charge for that is $180.00 which includes the use
          of the electric eel and up to 1 hour labour and assumes no excavation or replacement of pipe.......etc etc etc.
          Kindest regards
          Perrin

Comment

Price
            Quailty
            Service
            Pick one, but you cant have all three. Did you see the guys and the equiment at that $49.99 place. For 49.99 do you think they even wipe their feet.

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
              Price
              Quailty
              Service
              Pick one, but you cant have all three. Did you see the guys and the equiment at that $49.99 place. For 49.99 do you think they even wipe their feet.
              The other way to look at this is quality, cheap, fast. Pick 2, for example, if you want it fast and cheap, it won't be quality and so on.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Well for 49.99, you got fast service, literally. How much of a warranty do you think they give??? Like someone else said, what is the equipment they use??? Is it 44.99 for the 1st 50ft??? What about lifting toilets??? There is always a catch
                The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

We've all done enough of this to know we'd be out of business in a year if we drove over and did a quality job on a drain in a timely manner for $50. It just can't be done, so there is a lie there somewhere.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Hello friend,
                    I have never heard about this.If you have heard then tell me seems interesting.

Regards,
                    Nelson
                    Sewer Line Replacement

Comment

Long ago, I took a marketing class. The gentleman teaching the class said something that stuck with me for a long time. He said imagine your business as a triangle shaped balloon. At one point of the triangle you have Time, the other point you have Quality of Service, and the last point is Price of Service. Now you can have any two points you want. But as you squeeze any of the two sides the third point will bulge and suffer. So you can have a far price and quality but the time will suffer, You can have fast service and good pricing, then your quality will suffer, and finally you can have quality and good time, but then your prices will suffer. If you try to squeeze all three points at once it will eventually pop.

Then he went on to explain a good company will keep the triangle in its original shape by providing a reasonable time, along with a price that will cover his cost to do business, and good quality work.

Attached Files
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

“It’s unwise to pay too much, but is worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little - that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can’t be done! If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better.”
                        .................................................. .................................................. .....John Ruskin
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

there is one co. here that adverises mains $99 drains w/ video inspection. it is never $99. there is always extra charges. like no clean out that is $60 bucks more etc. inside drans are 3 times this price.
                          i know the guy. he personally is very nice. but how he runs his business is another thing. his customer turn over is high, i would assume. he has many employess that he has to keep on the road. they do a good job. whatever it takes... i guess. it's not what he charges but how he goes about it. i'm not cheap by any means either but i don't do loss leaders or make the customer think they are getting something and it ends up something else.
                          the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

They were nice ! They even turned over the garden for that fee!
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

i do 99 dollar drains. it is absolutly a lost leader. the 99 dollars is to steal customers away from roto rooter. i do sell service agreements and drain maintanents products(drain maid and root-x) sometimes i go in and run a main line for 99 dollars and that is all i get. but today i went in a house and the kitchen was stopped up. the stack was also leaking at the floor. i chipped up the floor, repiped the underground from about 2 feet behind the 90 to about 1 foot below the floor joist. i also jetted the rest of the lower and got him 2 bottles of drain maid. he also got a 5 year warranty and a 1700 bill. life is good today

Comment

I don't know who thought up this $49.99 gimmick up or revived it recently. I posted a local guy in my area(WITHOUT a plumbing license) advertising the same thing. If you look at the link posted, the company is based in NY city. I'm very familiar with the area as I'm from NJ, my wife is from NY, and when I lived there, I did traveling and work in the boroughs. There is no way someone will show up in these areas and clear a drain for $49.99!!! If they did, I would assume they are casing the house to rob it at a later date! The "drain cleaning" is just a cover!! My mother in law owned an old brownstone in Brooklyn, NY. Before she sold it, she had various plumbing issues. When her plumber showed up, the bill was never "hundreds"; it was always "thousands"!! Like Rick said, if you can walk from house to house and do many tasks in a row, sure the price can come down. You don't have to be/live in a big city to know it hardly even covers the time and trouble to drive in areas like that. The consumer always learns..."The Hard Way"....

Comment

Working...
                                X