X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lego's in line

A service call I did for an apartment complex , the kitchen sinks on the lower part of building where backing up when any water was used..... other than going on the roof.... or removing cabinets cutting wall open to expose a 3" dandy I was lucky there was and invert in which the line tied into....

popped the cover and look down... and there they were two 1" square lego's and when I returned with my camera ( for pic) and gear they where gone..... so I decided I better run my camera in (b/w General eye) ran it in and at the cast/tile connection there they were.. wasn't able to go past that (large camera head on the old general eye) so I decided the run my eels w/ retreaver hook to try to extract them got into them didn't want to push them in further ( not knowing how many they were.).

I then got the water to back up in sinks.. I retrieved my snakes and when I pulled out the guide tube.... about 10 come out of drain. I was only able to grab one..... they had to be flushed down the toilet........ first time for that.. so they your kids not play"" lego down toilet ".
    Attached Files
    Never give up on your dreams..

dreams are what make us forge ahead.

Re: lego's in line

Those look like BRICKS to me in the first picture WTF???????
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      Those look like BRICKS to me in the first picture WTF???????
      the bottom of the manhole is lined with bricks with a tile gully. ( the only on I got is sitting on manhole)

need to go to camera school.

Comment

Does lego float? i think so, what about blocking all the exits, flood the system then maybe they'll come to you?

Might be a daft idea

Comment

Originally posted by libbyloulou View Post
          Does lego float? i think so, what about blocking all the exits, flood the system then maybe they'll come to you?

Might be a daft idea
          they float,,, when I got there the system was back up,,, coming out of kitchen sinks on first floor,,, bathrooms on second,,,, they were logged at to where the 4" cast iron exits the building and connects to tile not a smooth connection. and paper in back of lego's causing the back up.... so blocking off the sinks and flood the system to the second floor probably wouldn't cause the blockage to break... I could of jetted them out but the closest I could get my truck there was about 400' away. on a hill.

not all clogs are the same so they require techniques to unclog them.

using Spartan machines is certainly a daft idea

Scott

Comment

Is that 1 1/4" cable or 7/8" cable you use?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              Is that 1 1/4" cable or 7/8" cable you use?
              1 1/4" 3/4" inner- core cable

take care gear

Comment

What do you use to store your cables? How long are your sections and what type of connections are they? What cutter heads you like? I've already picked Gene and Rick's brain on this and am curious about your setup. I think I'm going to go this route instead of a k-1500 since I already have a drill.
                Last edited by gear junkie; 03-30-2008, 09:27 AM.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

children can be hard on plumbing

I had a customers son drop sea shells in a kohler 1 piece toilet

had to replace the 1,000 dollor toilet, then when I pulled up the toilet,t he flange was way to low, so had to raise that also.

another call, the customers child put down aquarium rocks down the kitchen sink and thank goodness for the Spartan 100, no jetter needed
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    What do you use to store your cables? How long are your sections and what type of connections are they? What cutter heads you like? I've already picked Gene and Rick's brain on this and am curious about your setup. I think I'm going to go this route instead of a k-1500 since I already have a drill.

Nothing fancy with me......... store the cables in a truck tire.... and roll them.... the connection is a "L" type connector.....

1 7/8" spear

2 3/8" spear

2 3/8" spear

3 1/4 " spiral

3 1/4 " retriever

2" & 4" u cutter

Cables I use are 8' in length & 4' in length ...the I/C I have both 1/2 " and 5/8"
                    I screwed up when you asked me in previous post.... I don't think they have a 3/4" I/C out there.

Hope your drill isn't a big mama,,, she could rip your arms off.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                      children can be hard on plumbing

I had a customers son drop sea shells in a kohler 1 piece toilet

had to replace the 1,000 dollor toilet, then when I pulled up the toilet,t he flange was way to low, so had to raise that also.

another call, the customers child put down aquarium rocks down the kitchen sink and thank goodness for the Spartan 100, no jetter needed

$ 1000 toilet that there is some fancy toilet.... got one of those Spartan 100 to I like mine,,, can't think of anything to smile back at you ( yet )

Take care buddy.

Comment

kids + toys + toilets/sinks/tubs = $$$.

"i'm sorry i couldn't retrieve little Johnny's toy(s)" or "here's the toy, i'd claen it if i were you"

gotta love kids and ignorance

steve
                        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X