X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Jetter would you buy?

I have the camera and now, and I am looking at Ridgid jetters the KJ 1750 and the KJ 2200 and the KJ 3000 I want to mainly clear 90mm (3") stormwater pipes and 100mm (4") sewer pipes.

Tony

Re: Which Jetter would you buy?

Originally posted by AFM View Post
    I have the camera and now, and I am looking at Ridgid jetters the KJ 1750 and the KJ 2200 and the KJ 3000 I want to mainly clear 90mm (3") stormwater pipes and 100mm (4") sewer pipes.

Tony
    tony, the 1750 and 2200 are way too small for 4'' pipe.

the 3000 has 4 gallons per minute and will work fine up to 4''. even better when you can jet upstream from the street back to the house.

are you sure you don't need joey and i to come there and give you a 7-10 day demo

what is the going price for the 3000 in oz land

is there an expensive import duty?

how about if i brought one for a demo and forgot to take it home

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick is right on this one. I have the k1750 and it can barley pop a hole in 2" drains, sometimes it can sometimes it can't. As a backup to it I bought a carry around gas unit 3gpm at 2000psi to get the ones the electric can't get in 2" pipe. In 3-4" pipe I am using a gas 5gpm 3000 psi Pressure washer and it is slow on roots but can be done with a camera. I am adding a second same machine right now with a tee to double my gallons per minute (with a 200 gallon reserve tank) This is the cheapest way right now for me till I can buy a trailer unit.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
        Rick is right on this one. I have the k1750 and it can barley pop a hole in 2" drains, sometimes it can sometimes it can't. As a backup to it I bought a carry around gas unit 3gpm at 2000psi to get the ones the electric can't get in 2" pipe. In 3-4" pipe I am using a gas 5gpm 3000 psi Pressure washer and it is slow on roots but can be done with a camera. I am adding a second same machine right now with a tee to double my gallons per minute (with a 200 gallon reserve tank) This is the cheapest way right now for me till I can buy a trailer unit.
        Huh?? This can be done? Sounds interesting. More info, PLEASE.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Well I noticed on Ebay that some of the trailer models where actually 2 motors and 2 pumps working together so I see no reason why I can not do it, I am going to use 2 identical machines so they don't fight each other and I see no reason it won't work for me. I will post when I am finished. Just have to have the water supply for two 5 gpm machines.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Cuda; 03-30-2008, 03:59 PM.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I wonder if you should also include check valves?
            If one machine should stall for some reason could the 3000psi from the other pump damage the pump thats stalled (3000psi of back pressure).
            I don't see why it wouldn't work either.
            Just had a thought. They are real hard to start under pressure. Should you include some kind of pressure bypass for one machine?
            I think its a good idea and should work with some tinkering.
            Pros/cons anyone?
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Thanks gang for your input a KJ 3000 cost around $9000.00 inc 10% GST even though our dollor is trading at around 92cents compared with yours so how much would you pay in the US for it.

Now Rick how do you do any work with your offers of demos and you input to the Ridgid forum, you joined in August 04 so 4*by 365+1 day = 1461 days divided by 4344 threads, replies and others = 2.97330595 entries per day you must have a mind like a steal trap.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                Thanks gang for your input a KJ 3000 cost around $9000.00 inc 10% GST even though our dollor is trading at around 92cents compared with yours so how much would you pay in the US for it.

Now Rick how do you do any work with your offers of demos and you input to the Ridgid forum, you joined in August 04 so 4*by 365+1 day = 1461 days divided by 4344 threads, replies and others = 2.97330595 entries per day you must have a mind like a steal trap.

Tony
                tony, actually there is a simpler way to do the math.

look up the profile of the poster/ 3.29 post per day

actually it's a cheap way to get a vacation to the land of oz.

melbourne was one of my favorite stops way back when.

i happened to remember the transit strike of 1990 and they welded the trains to the tracks in the middle of town

the jetter here should be around $4000.

why not come to our ridgid round up and take one home with you

even with the import duty, it will still be cheaper than home.

plus you get to meet all of the regulars and guest. not to mention it's a business expense/ deduction

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Rick

I don`t like travelling but evidently you do and you certainly know Melbourne, when you were here in 1990 Victoria was the rust belt of Australia as the government of the day had bankrupted us and the tram unions were on strike for months.
                  Gee $4000 for a good jetter I my just look at one of your on line stores, which store and model would you suggest.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                  X