X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sewer main phenomenom?

Can anyone advise. I live in Far Rock, New York. Often will get called for clog will use my k60 and pull out roots /baby wipes etc. will send snake in 3 to 4 times till come out totally clean. Then I test line with plain water, flush all toilets in house and find many times the levels in the trap will rise up again. I'll go in again to bring house trap levels down to normal, and snake head comes out totally clean. It makes no sense. But it happens a lot. I usually tell customer at that point that he's ok for now. if backs up again will come back. Anyone have similar occurence and know what it could be. (has happened to me in more than one house)

Re: sewer main phenomenom?

What kind of cleaning-head are you using? I like to go in first with a small penetrator-head, and then a second time with a larger cutting head to make sure the pipe is fully open.

A sewer-camera would help you tremendously in those situations.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

i start with a a small head but dont go in with larger cutter unless find I keep coming out with additional roots on small.

Comment

Sounds like your missing something to me. Get a Camera and check it out. Some root balls will act as a flapper valve. you push it open then when you pull back out it flips back and the next flush pushes it back closing it off again. Seen it many times.

Use a Drum machine and you should get it.....rotflmao
        Hey Rick
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

see first of all the problem with machines is they get the clog, but only grab on for the most part on the cutter. when you are spinning the snake everything lets go. electric eel links are made to grab on and take it back . i will never use a machine where i know the problem is roots(which by looking outside the house you can usually detimine) on house calls of that nature. alot of times you will chop them up but even the pressure from flushing toilets and running all the water in the house will still not flush the line completely. camera is a good idea, but does the customer have the money to spend besides the rooter job? probably not with todays economy. so if you are unclogging the drain and giving the customer at least a 30 day warranty you should be all set. but if it turns out to be a nusiance job where they are calling you back every other day then i would opt for video inspection and show them while you are doing it so they don't just think you are out to suck more money out of them. hope this is a little helpful clear-flow

Comment

I know the problem........your using the K-60.....kidding, use a Spartan or Duracable drum machine and you will be fine.

just playing, I was following all clears lead......

you need to run a camera down there and see if your popping around an object.

something keeps popping up and your knocking it to the side. I have seen this happen with people that don't know there was a backwater valve and they break the flapper, and for days its clear, then that flapper pops back up and stopped em up, sometimes day's, sometimes hours.

I bet there is some kind of an object in there, camera it.
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

all I use is a drum machine and a jetter. it dose sound like you are pushing thro the clog and bring some back but not all.
              on these type of calls I like to jet it out after I snake. just so I don't have a call back.
              also is the pipe out side the house 6"
              most of the clean outs here are 3-4" and the pipe out side the house are 6" clay or cast. just my .02 worth

I also like to fill up all the sinks,tubes,washing machine and a few bucket to make sure the line is open. and let them all go at once.
              Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
              1-920-284-7471

Comment

i dont warranty any line i cant camera...especially if you pull out ROOTS!!!!....camera the line,locate the problem ares(s) sell the root-x or a spot repair...it sounds like also there may be a "belly" in the line so you really need to camera this one WITh water running on and off and flusing toilets.

Comment

do you guys have the same problem as us in the uk

GREASE is a big problem espically when your unblocking a council estate

Comment

joefarrock-------Are you talking about one specific house?Many houses in the same general area?Are you reaching the House lateral/City main connection?What is the condition of the City's lines? Kenneth.
                    Kenneth Collier
                    Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                    Jackson, MS 39206
                    (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                    drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

sounds like a broken line, and the line has a negitive pich to it. So when you run all that water it backs up into the trap and then slowly drains over the point where its cracked at. I work for Roto Rooter and have ran accross these types of situations. One time we had 3 guys go out and run a main where a fd was constantly holding water, I was the 3rd guy. I almost knew right away what was going. there allready had been 2 guys out in frount of me, and I think the 2nd guy who went out was one of our best tech. He couldn't get it open, so I knew there was something fishy going on. I gave the guy my prof. opinion he didn't belive me, so I brought misty blue in and ran the line 80 ft to the main, nothing doing. I let the guy know again the pipes are broke. He said he had another plumber and would let him take a stab, So I don't know the out come of that job. you really do need a camera in some situations, but actually, when I go into any main, I listen and feel the cable and what its doing and can pretty much tell what a problem is and where it is. It all just comes with expirence.

Comment

hey guys what is the difference between a drum machine vs jetter?

Comment

oe uses water and one uses a cable
                          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X