6 Months Or 1 Year Warranty??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6 Months Or 1 Year Warranty??

i give a 30 warranty on the main line only. and offer yearly maintanance, usually a good rooter job will take care of the roots. (if its going to clog up again its usaully within 30 days). most people love having you come back within a year just so their cellar doen't get flooded again. and i usually give them a discount because they are put on a preventive maintanance contract. knocking off a few dollars gets them smiling and gives you work when it might be a slow time of year

a mans only as good as the snake he uses!!

Comment

Originally posted by clear-flow rooter View Post
      i give a 30 warranty on the main line only. and offer yearly maintanance, usually a good rooter job will take care of the roots. (if its going to clog up again its usaully within 30 days). most people love having you come back within a year just so their cellar doen't get flooded again. and i usually give them a discount because they are put on a preventive maintanance contract. knocking off a few dollars gets them smiling and gives you work when it might be a slow time of year

a mans only as good as the snake he uses!!

thanks for your reply.

this isn't just running the cable, this is running the cable, expandable cutter, camera, to clear out 98-100% of the roots, then completeing a treatment with Rootx.

after cleaning that sewer free of all the roots,then a rootx treatment, then would you give a 6 or a 12 month warranty??
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

YES TO START WITH GO WITH THE 6 MOS. OPTION
        WHEN YOU RUN THE NUMBERS IT AVERAGES OUT THAT 98 %
        OF THE TIME IT WILL OUT LAST YOUR WARENITY

SAY YOU DO 100 DRAINS AND HAVE TO GO BACK ON 2 OR 3
        OF THEM WITH WHAT YOU ARE CHARGING IT BUILDS YOUR COMPANY NAME BECAUSE THOSE 2 OR 3 PEOPLE YOU GO BACK ON WILL UNDERSTAND THAT YOU STILL GIVE THEM A BETTER BUY THEN OTHER CO'S
        JERRYMAC
        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

If you feel that after cabling and camera...... and see there are no other issues with the line.... I would go a year.

Like Drain Med said root x backs there product up for a year.... but if you have to return to unclog within a year,, you must incur that... they just supply you with a new box...

I also offer this service, warranty it for a year.... and usually last 2-3 years before returning.
          Never give up on your dreams..

dreams are what make us forge ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by libbyloulou View Post
            Can someone please tell how you apply the root-x ?

Does it only kill the roots it comes in contact with ? and not the whole tree?

Can you also mention the main ingredient, incase i can't get it over here.

Thanks.
            http://www.rootx.com/

I give a 90 day warranty on all drain cleaning involving roots as long as there's no offset. Abuse of drainage system voids warranty.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I give 6 months on ROOTS ONLY and that's just using the cable nothing else. If I get called back I run my retriever. If it don't come back with roots on it they pay for the cleaning. If it has roots I eat the job. So far I have never had to eat one
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

i can tell you from my own record keeping with all the sewers and repeat customers.

a good cleaning job should will last at least 6 months, without anything else.

i have only a couple of customers that i dread coming out to. both of them i have camered and know their problems well.

personally, charging them a lot of money for something that is going to last 6 months anyways is not for me.

for what they would pay for all the bells and whistles, i can come back out 3-4 times. i have no customers that i have to see more than 2 times a year.

roots grow in spring and fall.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Our invoices all said no guarantee on drain cleaning but we would go back if it was within a reasonable amount of time.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

i dont offer a warranty unless we camera. (good way to sell the camera) than the warranty is adjusted to what there situation is roots, cracks, etc.
                    Mike
                    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
                      i dont offer a warranty unless we camera. (good way to sell the camera) than the warranty is adjusted to what there situation is roots, cracks, etc.
                      Funny, thats kind of what I plan to do when I get a camera.
                      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

How can you give a warranty on a blocked sewer there are to many variables tree roots they start to grow back us soon as you cut through them, what type of sewerage pipe is it terracotta, pvc or cast iron, what are your clients flushing down their sewerage pipe, I am always finding blockages caused by clients flushing down tampons etc in terracotta pipes as the internal surface of the pipe isn`t smooth as pvc pipes and I keep telling then not too but to no avail

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                          How can you give a warranty on a blocked sewer there are to many variables tree roots they start to grow back us soon as you cut through them, what type of sewerage pipe is it terracotta, pvc or cast iron, what are your clients flushing down their sewerage pipe, I am always finding blockages caused by clients flushing down tampons etc in terracotta pipes as the internal surface of the pipe isn`t smooth as pvc pipes and I keep telling then not too but to no avail

Tony

Well in that case. You write on your invoices, IF NOT ABUSED!. That will cover the tampons, babywipes, paper towels, grease. But if after you cable the line and video inspect the line, there should be no hesitation to give warranties if the line is perfect. Ill write 90 DAY WARRANTY, IF NOT ABUSED. That will be the ones where i pulled out the above mentioned, or if there is a sag in the line that i know i cleaned real well.
                          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

You have to feel the pipe, their are alot of varibles how old is the house, the condition of the pipe, if you pulled thich roots ect... I personally wouldn't guarantee a main over 6 months. Rootx retards the roots slightly and your supose to give a year guarantee with it. So if their paying you enough to come back sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by drain doctor View Post
                              You have to feel the pipe, their are alot of varibles how old is the house, the condition of the pipe, if you pulled thich roots ect... I personally wouldn't guarantee a main over 6 months. Rootx retards the roots slightly and your supose to give a year guarantee with it. So if their paying you enough to come back sure why not
                              So if you video inspected a line to a 60yr old house that never had a problem, ever, and the pipe is crystal clear, no sags, no roots, no bellies...you wouldnt feel comfortable giving a 6 month or a year warranty??? even with the words, IF NOT ABUSED???

By the way nice name, welcome to the forum
                              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
                              X