Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home Inspection Service

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
    So if that plumber would have brought a toy, golf ball, tampon, paper towels, etc... that would have you considering a new sewer line or septic system?

Pull your head out of your *** before making comments.
    speaking of tampons aaron do you need one? or do you need a camera job to get one out?
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

I'll end it here but agreeing to disagree. Sorta like Rick and Robert.

HAHAHAHAHA:twofinger:

You rock aaron, you must be having a bad day, I haven't seen you so chirpy in......well forever!

I think iti is safe to say, like to old adage goes, charge what the market will bare.

if you can get 600 for a camera, the customers happy and you saved them 1,000's on repairs or a sewer, then it is worth 600 to me.

if you need to charge 300 for a camera, then do so, as long as the customer is taken care of and as with any of my customers, I expect repeat business.

I remember 8 years ago I could get $795 for a camera, that was a long time ago.
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Naa that last comment I was just messin with Ben.

Always telling me 'useless' stuff that he wants me to remember/write down.
        Master Gear have much to teach young prumber.
        Wax on Wax off.
        Not sure you'll get that one. It may be before your time. From Karate Kid movie
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          Master Gear have much to teach young prumber.
          Wax on Wax off.
          Not sure you'll get that one. It may be before your time. From Karate Kid movie

thanks, that shot made me feel old now and I am only 29
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Haycad- Just read the replies. I'm not in a bad mood, nor did I have a bad day.

I just don't see how Rombo can sleep at night charging those rates, that's all.

Robert- Someones gotta keep the forum real. No lovie duvie **** here. We are plumbers after all, right?

Gene- Shitttt. I will give ya that one, that was before my time.

I'll just keep quiet till I can show how the young guns pipe at the Round Up.
            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

i can't charge that in my area by if some else can in there area, and he sounded like that was the going rate around him i don't see the problem

Comment

Haycad- Just read the replies. I'm not in a bad mood, nor did I have a bad day.

I just don't see how Rombo can sleep at night charging those rates, that's all.

Robert- Someones gotta keep the forum real. No lovie duvie **** here. We are plumbers after all, right?

Gene- Shitttt. I will give ya that one, that was before my time.

I'll just keep quiet till I can show how the young guns pipe at the Round Up.
                OH boy did you ever just step in a pile of s#%t. I might just go to the round up now, just so I can watch all the "old MEN" show you how its done.
                And don't be making any excuses like "my mom told me I couldn't get wet".
                Just playin with ya son. Don't start swelling up like a puff attar
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I just did one today for a new home owner that wanted to know why his main line stopped up.

He had a Marco setting in the back of his truck....errrrrrr but his sewer was still plugged

I brake out the K-7500 clear the line with, well cant tell ya about the new tool

Anyway he say`s how much to take a look in there with your camera ? I reply well being I`m already here and you have to pay me to clear the line, How`s about 100.00? He reply's: "lets do it."
                  I was in and out of there in less then an hour and made 175.00 to check out a 50` line. I will sleep good tonight knowing he felt good about my service and he just might call me to do the new sewer if his handy man don't want to do it

I don't care where you live and just because you can charge $600.00 don't mean it`so the right thing to do.
                  Yes I know what a seesnake cost as that`s what I use. I pay INS and everything else everyone else pays.

I just couldn't bring my self to stick it to the man even if I could. I have been know to over bid jobs and give money back when I was finished

I sleep good every night

Aaron91
                  your learning the best thing you could ever learn. Don't rape em just because you can Just gives you a bad name and everyone else in the plumbing trade. I see it all the time. Your gonna make it and your gonna turn out to be a Good Man!
                  Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 03-31-2008, 08:54 PM.
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I think its a good idea, to a point. To locate a shear, or collapsed line would be great. But what about roots, a belly? Issues like that, may never cause a problem. I would push for a disclaimer on the sellers report. Something like...Has the current homeowner had the main sewer rodded in the last 12 months?
                    I have been to a lot of rod jobs where the people have been in the house a couple months. Heck, I had a rod job twice in the same house, with two different owners! I botched it...(me)I was here last fall...(her)we just moved in a month ago...

Almost all buyers purchasing a house on septic get a inspection...a main line can go bad, and it can cost the same.

Comment

aaron, you're 95% correct in your debate.

it's that old man thing i don't agree with joey does

i'll be 45 in a couple of days

and other than running a marathon, which i couldn't do when i was 16, i'm not doing now either.

all i can say is, bring it on and after i embarrass you in the plumbing events, i'll buy you a milkshake with a cherry on top

a sewer inspection without a video tape is a joke and waste of time and money. $300. additional for a $1.00 video tape is another joke.

i do them a few times a week. and i never charge extra for a tape or locations. $340. gets you 2 working hours, a choice of 3 different cameras on the truck, green flags and a printed/ computer report along with a narrated vhs tape or dvd.

any inspection without a tape or dvd, is like going to the dr. and taking x-rays, but not developing them. you might as well save your money if there's no tape/ dvd.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by rombo View Post
                        he is talking about houses that are being bought. You pay your real estate 10k for singing some papers what is 600 to know you drains are good.

It's not like he is forcing people to do it
                        We all have different business structure and different ways to bill. I charge $250 a day per client as an equipment charge whether I do 12-homes or 1-home. I don't care where your shop is $600 is a lot of money for a video inspection of the sewer. Remember the purpose of the inspection is to report the conditions as they currently exists not to repair anything, not to cut roots and not to jet the line. As far as your analogy of paying $10,000 to you Real Estate Agent for signing a few papers that is hardly a fair comparison. I will have to check with Zeljka but my guess is you are lucky to sell 1 of 100 homes you show so the money goes to what it took to get that one sale. Imagine if we only got paid for 1 out of 100 camera jobs we did. Perhaps then it would make sense for us to charge $10,000 for a sewer video.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by rombo View Post
                          the recent cleaning would off alerted me to a possible problem
                          You could be right, but my thought is basically like a pumping is the equivalent of an oil change you need to do it every 12-24 months; and everything else in the house also seemed well maintained (e.g., there are yearly cleaning tags on the furnace, the inspector didn't find any deferred maintence anywhere in the house). I guess we'll find out if I'm wrong in a bit when I get it pumped for the first time.

There are a lots of hands wanting at the cookie jar when you buy a house. I don't begrudge the people charging for a service (except the banks attorney), but when you are buying a house the fees and stuff just keeps piling on. NYS charges you 1.25% for a mortgage recording tax; on top of the fixed recording fee; and a 1.25% transfer tax (which the seller theoretically pays, but the buyer really pays everything).

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            Aaron, you're 95% correct in your debate.

it's that old man thing i don't agree with joey does

I'll be 45 in a couple of days

and other than running a marathon, which i couldn't do when i was 16, I'm not doing now either.

all i can say is, bring it on and after i embarrass you in the plumbing events, i'll buy you a milkshake with a cherry on top

a sewer inspection without a video tape is a joke and waste of time and money. $300. additional for a $1.00 video tape is another joke.

i do them a few times a week. and i never charge extra for a tape or locations. $340. gets you 2 working hours, a choice of 3 different cameras on the truck, green flags and a printed/ computer report along with a narrated vhs tape or dvd.

any inspection without a tape or dvd, is like going to the dr. and taking x-rays, but not developing them. you might as well save your money if there's no tape/ dvd.

rick.
                            What does your report consist of? How do you set it up, like a form, TYPE OF PIPE: clay DISTANCE TO TOWN MAIN:110' AREA OF CONCERN: 75' Heavy root intrusion, or more like a letter: To whom it may concern, I Crazy Rick, of Crazy Ricks Plumbing Co. have found the sewer lateral exiting 1654 Elm st etc..etc...etc...?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                              Hey Big Daddy, or is that Old Fart???

Why dvd it if they don't know what they are looking at?

Most of the time I never brake out the DVD as the home owner wouldn't know what they were looking at anyway. Now if they ask me if I can, I will but, I think in the last 4 years I have made 5dvd`s and 3 of them were for a law suit on a miss installed sewer.

I don't charge extra either way

My costumers trust me because I`m just that good
                              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Has anyone else noticed every once in a while there are people (few) that post on the forum that are so excited about an idea with a large fee attached?

Lot's of exclamation points!!!!! $$$$$$$ What do you guys think!!!!!!

Wonder if there is a psych. profile to this? Hmmmm......

I've said it before, you can charge as much as the market will bear in all businesses.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X