Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Inspection Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Home Inspection Service

    I encourage my customers to come down and watch as we are working. I can explain what we are doing, answer questions, They know we are not ripping them off, They see what they are paying for and appreciate being able to be part of the process.
    Because of this I never included a vhs unless asked to. On Ricks advice In the last two months I have been making it a standard to provide a recording. My standard comment while handing it over is "and this is for you, just in case you get bored on a Sat night".I've got to say I'm surprised at the positive response of my customers. The added time to record may be 3 mins. Cost of tape $2. owner talks to a friend. Friend wants to see the tape. Friend sees my name and # on the screen. Friend call us to inspect his line.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Home Inspection Service

      Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Has anyone else noticed every once in a while there are people (few) that post on the forum that are so excited about an idea with a large fee attached?

      Lot's of exclamation points!!!!! $$$$$$$ What do you guys think!!!!!!

      Wonder if there is a psych. profile to this? Hmmmm......

      I've said it before, you can charge as much as the market will bear in all businesses.

      J.C.
      I also hear the profile says they wet the bed and poke kittens with sticks
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Home Inspection Service

        Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
        I also hear the profile says they wet the bed and poke kittens with sticks
        I think they can get $6000 to poke kittens with sticks!!!!!!! Everyone needs too!!!!!! $12,000 for the video!!!!!! What do you guys think?!!!!!!

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Home Inspection Service

          Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          Hey Big Daddy, or is that Old Fart???

          Why dvd it if they don't know what they are looking at?

          Most of the time I never brake out the DVD as the home owner wouldn't know what they were looking at anyway. Now if they ask me if I can, I will but, I think in the last 4 years I have made 5dvd`s and 3 of them were for a law suit on a miss installed sewer.

          I don't charge extra either way

          My costumers trust me because I`m just that good
          So they can show it to real plumbers and get bids to fix the problem.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Home Inspection Service

            What I`m not a real plumber? hummmmmmmm then what are you? I`ve been plumbing sense the 80`s

            I can even post up an old card from back then Can you?
            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 03-31-2008, 10:20 PM.
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Home Inspection Service

              Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              I think they can get $6000 to poke kittens with sticks!!!!!!! Everyone needs too!!!!!! $12,000 for the video!!!!!! What do you guys think?!!!!!!
              LOL!!!###$$$@!!!
              I !!!!$$$*$$!!AM!!!!!!!!!!!!&&&^^!!IN!!!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Home Inspection Service

                I propose we give Aaron a swirly at the Roundup as a right of passage. Perhaps Aaron will see how young some of the old-timers really are.

                Mark

                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Home Inspection Service

                  Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  I propose we give Aaron a swirly at the Roundup as a right of passage. Perhaps Aaron will see how young some of the old-timers really are.

                  Mark

                  Mark, come on man, you know thats not fair. His mom is reading him a nite nite time story and he can't even get up to respond to that or he'll have to go to the time out chair
                  Have a heart man.
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Home Inspection Service

                    Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                    Mark, come on man, you know thats not fair. His mom is reading him a nite nite time story and he can't even get up to respond to that or he'll have to go to the time out chair
                    Have a heart man.
                    LOL-You know I think Aaron is a great kid but like all young kids he discounts the old guys. I told my sons a long time ago I didn't care how much younger they are then me because the older I get the dirtier I fight.

                    Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Home Inspection Service

                      Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                      What I`m not a real plumber? hummmmmmmm then what are you? I`ve been plumbing sense the 80`s

                      I can even post up an old card from back then Can you?
                      No I can't.That thing quit meaning something to me 20 years ago.If I had to I guess I could contact LA CITY.But I'm not doing that for nothin' but proving something to the forum.Besides I'll bet Mark/UTAH could get his supercomputer to do it for you.

                      Don't worry yourself about my abilities ACS,I got plenty of people you can talk to

                      I did not know you had plumbing skills. All you ever post is roundup snake smack and busted head bolts

                      See you at the round up


                      PS.If you were knowledgeable in plumbing you would know you need the info on the tape.
                      (ya better post the card)

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Home Inspection Service

                        I have to agree without making a video using a camera is a waste. A lot of times when a HO calls out for a second opinion a tape can save a lot of money. It could also help you the next time you need to go out.

                        Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                        I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Home Inspection Service

                          Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          So they can show it to real plumbers and get bids to fix the problem.
                          yes and no.

                          typically, when a person who you don't know comes to your house and shows you a sewer that you have no idea good from bad, there always seem to be a sales pitch.

                          when i get there for a second opinion and there is no tape to view, no marks on the ground and an invoice that says camera sewer. along with a $10,000 estimate, all i can say is draw me a picture

                          a video is proof of the condition of the pipe. sure it can be up to interpretation, but it will be a dark day in hell to pull the wool over my eyes.

                          the machine comes with a vcr/dvd recorder, use it.

                          i even use to include a bag of microwave pop corn so the owners could enjoy while they watched the tape. funny part is the popcorn cost more than the tape

                          rick.
                          phoebe it is

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Home Inspection Service

                            Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            LOL-You know I think Aaron is a great kid but like all young kids he discounts the old guys. I told my sons a long time ago I didn't care how much younger they are then me because the older I get the dirtier I fight.

                            Mark
                            I agree 100%. Aaron is a great kid. I wish I had it together like he does when I was his age.
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: Home Inspection Service

                              Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              yes and no.

                              typically, when a person who you don't know comes to your house and shows you a sewer that you have no idea good from bad, there always seem to be a sales pitch.

                              when i get there for a second opinion and there is no tape to view, no marks on the ground and an invoice that says camera sewer. along with a $10,000 estimate, all i can say is draw me a picture

                              a video is proof of the condition of the pipe. sure it can be up to interpretation, but it will be a dark day in hell to pull the wool over my eyes.

                              the machine comes with a vcr/dvd recorder, use it.

                              i even use to include a bag of microwave pop corn so the owners could enjoy while they watched the tape. funny part is the popcorn cost more than the tape

                              rick.
                              What do you mean yes and no.So I have to call someone out to locate if I decide that's the route I'm taking.At least I know More about how to help the customer with a fair bid with the video.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: Home Inspection Service

                                POOPcorn or POPcorn.

                                Good idea though. Thats the type of thing that gets them talking about it at the water cooler, they say talk is cheap but every time your name gets out there it could mean $.

                                Customer: So the guy leaves us a tape and get this, A bag of popcoarn to watch the poo movie.

                                co-worker: HA HA thats too funny. I can see you had an exciting Saturday night.. Wait, you mean he put a camera in your pipe and could see exactly what was there.

                                Customer: Yeah. it was like a video camera on this rod thing and as he pushed it in the pipe we were watching it on his TV.

                                Co-worker: Whats this guys name? my sister in law has been having a problem.
                                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X