Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home Inspection Service

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    I know I'm the last person to say this but "the key to winning a debate is to diagree without being disagreeable".
    I agree and add that if I found everything everyone said agreeable here, it'd get real boring real quick...disagreement is the heart of learning.
    Getting ugly over it stunts the process.
    You and I alone could found dozens of things we don't agree on, yet I respect your opinions very highly.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
      I agree and add that if I found everything everyone said agreeable here, it'd get real boring real quick...disagreement is the heart of learning.
      Getting ugly over it stunts the process.
      You and I alone could found dozens of things we don't agree on, yet I respect your opinions very highly.
      Sorry Duck but I have to disagree with you.
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands;132967[B
        ]What do you mean yes and no[/B].So I have to call someone out to locate if I decide that's the route I'm taking.At least I know More about how to help the customer with a fair bid with the video.

correct. the video will show the good and the bad.

problem is, most of the second opinions i go on, don't have a video from the first plumber. just an expensive estimate.

i've even seen a video that wasn't even the house in question. the idiot showed the gas meter as he entered the c/o.

the house gas meter was not at that location. outright fraud

majority of the guys that run cameras for free, with no video are out to sell something. cameras and locator's are not cheap.

i charge for my service and i am there to diagnose the condition, locate the problem and give a recommendation.

most of the time, there is nothing more than just good info and a record of total distance to city main, location and distance to root issues and a wait and see approach. very few get repairs. some just a 4'' c/o.

and once in a while a trench less pipe burst.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Sorry Duck but I have to disagree with you.
          Hey, it's all good...just tell me..WTH is a swirly???

Comment

One good reason not to leave a tape of a camera, or at least to charge accordingly...
            I had a fella ask me for a second estimate from a tape left by the guy the camera'd his line & gave him an estimate.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
              Naa that last comment I was just messin with Ben.

Always telling me 'useless' stuff that he wants me to remember/write down.
              I deal with many young people on a day to day basis. They come in eager to learn, usually in within their 1-2 year mark they start to think they know everything. They're given some some additional responsibility(aka rope) and there's going to be a time where they screw something up in a big way because they didn't want to write something down. The 1-3 year period is the time they'll make the biggest mistakes because they can't keep the ego and mouth in check. They don't want to listen, the superman complex sets in. I see this all the time, I can think of 200+ examples of this and 4 people this didn't happen to. This is just the natural order of things.

Write that down. (comes from Van Wilder)
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                Hey, it's all good...just tell me..WTH is a swirly???
                Did you ever see the episode where Lenny poured one over Squigy's head at the Soda Shop and some splashed on Loraine's poodle skirt?

Oh the Happy Days,eh Mark? I'll bet you used to knock the ladies out with that head slicked full of axle grease.

Comment

Any video inspections i do get the dvd or vhs tape, locations, flags. The reason behind the video is proof, and documentation. Even if my customers do not want the dvd/vhs, i record it anyway. Countless times have i gotten phone calls from customers who DID NOT WANT the dvd/vhs, call me and say, hey did you mail out the video yet Good thing i kept a copy of it. Or a year down the road they have the video if they need to have something of the line replaced. Record every line, it will save your butt. My dvd/vhs is already built into the price. i think i added an extra dollar to the video. All you have to do is push record.
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    No I can't.That thing quit meaning something to me 20 years ago.If I had to I guess I could contact LA CITY.But I'm not doing that for nothin' but proving something to the forum.Besides I'll bet Mark/UTAH could get his supercomputer to do it for you.

Don't worry yourself about my abilities ACS,I got plenty of people you can talk to

I did not know you had plumbing skills. All you ever post is roundup snake smack and busted head bolts

See you at the round up

PS.If you were knowledgeable in plumbing you would know you need the info on the tape.
                    (ya better post the card)
                    maybe it`s that I have enough knowledge of plumbing that I know what I`m looking at? I do my inspection and if there`s a problem I do a locate. Once I`ve seen the inside condition of the pipe I just might have enough plumbing knowledge to know what I have to do to repair the problem. OR. Know when a complete re`pipe is in order. The Video is useless to me as I know what I have to do once I have seen the condition of the drainage system. I do around 3 inspections a week and know what to look for and how to figure out the repairs. I just finished up a large inspection on a new multi-million dollar medical building that no one could figure out the problem even with video inspections. They called me out and with in the first hour I had proved that the sewer under the concrete floor was installed backwards. The plumber was reading the wrong side of his level....lol.. Now the plumbing CO is cutting concrete to repair their mistake.
                    I don't know it all but I know I have enough plumbing knowledge to know what I see and I don't need a tape to remind me of what I saw as I make my conclusion or assessment on site, not back at the office. I don't do many new construction site rough in`s anylonger as I work in the service end of plumbing now. You know, where you have to know and understand how plumbing works not just be able to read a blue print
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

ALL CLEAR i agree with you in some situation. I have done alot of work for a major grocery chain and covered aproxx a 100km radius for them and it's at the point where there is mutual trust and they could care less about a tape just get it fixed.

But on residential i make a tape just to cover my ***. I can buy a tape for 50 cents, i waste more money trying to explain the problem to the husband when he gets home on the phone in minutes than just recording in the first place

Comment

is the 600.00 for just the main? or is that every drain and stack from the roof to the road with a tape or DVD?
                        just a main 600.00 is nuts, but if its all the drains and vents on a 2+ bath home with all the toilets you are looking at spending a whole 6+ hours their to do the job right ?
                        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                        1-920-284-7471

Comment

I`ve only had a few ask for a DVD? I guess I must be trusted pretty good by my costumers

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
                            is the 600.00 for just the main? or is that every drain and stack from the roof to the road with a tape or DVD?
                            just a main 600.00 is nuts, but if its all the drains and vents on a 2+ bath home with all the toilets you are looking at spending a whole 6+ hours their to do the job right ?

look at all clears boat that don't pay for it's self

Comment

sure it does....rotflmao

Comment

what dose his boat have to do with anything ? ???
                                Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                                1-920-284-7471

Comment

Working...
                                X