X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Inspection Service

Do any of you guys do this too. The only reason i am looking into this is because here in Texas when they do home inspections they DO NOT camera drain/sewer lines!!!..and we all know what usually happens when customers say"well i just moved into the house last week and when i flush water comes up in the tub!!!"....i have been trying to find a way to market to the BUYERS....not necessarally the SELLERS because they are trying to SELL the house. You could perhaps SEL the camers inspection to the SELLERS and if the house is older you know you gonna find SOMETHING wrong in the line!!!!...alot of real-estate investors allready call me out to camera their linr BEFORE buying the house or apartment and one time i got a seller to lower the asking price by $7000!!!...the buyer was so happy that he wrote me a $1000 check on the spot.....do you fellas allready do this?..it seems like a great addition to my service company. i heard in California the sellers have to provide the buyers a video tape or dvd of the property they are trying to sell...its not that way here in Texas yet but i can see it coming. I think its a 2-4 month course here to get your Home Inspection license.

Lonestar

Re: Home Inspection Service

I have been making this point for probably 7 or 8 years now.

I work with a few real estate agents and have been working on targeting them more and more, to protect their buyers.

I have done a few cameras, but not as much as I would like to for real estate agents.

As far as I know, it is not a requirement in California to have a camera of the sewer, I wish it was, it is more of a recommendation.

Like I said, it is on my list of marketing goals.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

I've been getting more calls about this and I'm happy to oblige. I recently acquired 3 real estate agents as clients and they were suprised about this service. They never knew about this technology. I've had quite a few customers call on their house warming party because of root infiltration. Not a good feeling.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Alot of the Twps around here require you to have a video inspection done before you sell your house. I do alot of them. Real estate agents are some of my best customers.
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

It's funny we are talking about this, I just got another call today to complete an inspection tomorrow.

People are listening.......
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

What do you guys think are the best ways to market to the BUYERS?????...this is who i want.....i heard that if your are a Licensed Home inspector you can inspect the drain lines with a camera but you CANNOT repair them(you can refer someone though$$$$).......because it is a conflict of interest......never the less imma pursue it and just charge extra for Video Camering and providing a tape or dvd........i think it takes about 1 hour to inspect a 2000 sq ft house...so that $300 for the inspection and $300 for the video tape......$600 an hour sounds good to me!!!!!.....THEN i can refer the repair out to one of my buddies for more $$$$.....what do you think??

Comment

Lone Star-

Is all you think about is ways to **** people over for more and more money?
              Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                Lone Star-

Is all you think about is ways to **** people over for more and more money?

how is he fawking anyone he is providing a service at a generally accepted price

Comment

$600 for a camera inspection and tape is 'the going rate' to you?
                  Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

do you own a camera?

they are not cheap to buy or fix.

What kind of plumbing do you do? touching others crap is not all it is made out to be

Comment

Let's not get off subject.

Nothing cheap in today's market.

$300 to 'make' a tape is pure rape-age.

Your gonna have alot of one time customers with that mind set.

You might think that's fine, but just wait till the words spreads, and before you know it, you'll be starving for work.
                      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

he is talking about houses that are being bought. You pay your real estate 10k for singing some papers what is 600 to know you drains are good.

It's not like he is forcing people to do it

Comment

Wait till this recession hits your area buddy, and you might be changing your views.
                          Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

HAHAHAHA..............$600.00

I need to move where you are!!

I get $295.00 with a DVD, nothing more. "OTHERS" lowered the market with bright ideas to get more customers, not only that, it is expensive here to live, people don't have $600 to blow on a camera inspection, they should, because it can save them thousands, but they don't think that way.

People are doing cameras in my area for $150.00. $600.00 just for a camera and nothing more is a bit high, eventhought the equipment is expensive. I look at the camera as a way to gather new customers, it will never pay itself off, it is just another service I provide. I tell you one thing though, I will never lower it below 295.00.
                            Last edited by westcoastplumber; 03-31-2008, 08:11 PM.
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                              Wait till this recession hits your area buddy, and you might be changing your views.

Fair comment, until the recession hits, what would you of charged?

Comment

Working...
                              X