• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK I have a funny one for ya

OK I have a funny one for ya
    I had a service call last night, "Tree Roots"
    it was for an elderly lady I'm guessing around 70's
    She preached and tried to convert me to become a Mormon.
    it was a long hour and a half.
    I am religious, but not Mormon

has this happed to u ?
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Re: OK I have a funny one for ya

i used to work for a jahova witness majority of the shop were j.w's. also, every saturday morning my boss and a few of them would be at my door step. i also am religious but not jahova
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

I did a lot of hitchhiking when I was a kid and I ran into quite a few then.
      I find other religions interesting so as a topic of discussion it wasn't too bad, plus I was getting a free ride.

I have a lot of customers try to start political discussions. That can be a real touchy subject so I try to keep my mouth shut.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

religon / politics + clients = tentative situation at best. times like this it's easier to become asian and nod and smile a lot.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
          become asian and nod and smile a lot.

steve

Name:  e6b8c0680c16c2327f8edc4dea5a72a7.gif
Views: 1
Size:  3.7 KB

I've worked for them all, haven't had any that try to "convert" me in quite a while.

I guess that has a lot to do with all the beating and and Name:  4797a395f74ac5094da546091bddc57e.gif
Size:  6.0 KB thinking I'm the Name:  46eb5aa3fac868c9d3b1dfa5b7bfe407.gif
Size:  881 Bytes in the basement with all my cussin' and carryin' on.

I've been known to do it, gives me the ability to charge hardship wages.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

No one has tried to convert me...I do go to church on Sunday. My biggest laugh is when I tell a customer I can come after church, and they cry out, "it figures, the only plumber who will call back, cant come right now due to church!" What are all the others doing this morning???

Comment

When I do work for the local Mormon church here, they talk to me a lot about going to the church. But not in a nagging way like some people would. I have a lot of customers give me fliers and pamphlets about whatever church it is they go to. Most of them don't bother me, I just smile and nod. The only person that got on my nerves I call 'Ron the suicidal Christian pool player'. One day when I have more time I'll tell that story.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                I've worked for them all, haven't had any that try to "convert" me in quite a while.
                Convert you? into what exactly?

It must be obvious to them that you are a heathen living a hedonistic lifestyle and there is no hope for eternal salvation

For those of you who haven't figured it out yet. The church is a GREAT place to get work

Comment

I have a paper in the truck a guy gave me the other day. Maybe he didnt like it when I smashed foot and said ^#%^$&$
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

i do alot of churches,and never had one try to convert me. but on one house call it was like five nuns living together. after i finished the job, they were so happy. they started praying for me. kinda freaked me out. but they were really sweet old ladies and to this day they still call me when they have the littlest problem with they're lines. so i guess a little religion in our lives is good for business.

" A mans only as good as the snake he uses"

Comment

Originally posted by clear-flow rooter View Post
                      i do alot of churches,and never had one try to convert me. but on one house call it was like five young, hot nuns living together. after i finished the job, they were so happy, they started getting naked and pillow-fighting and it was just an awesome day...
                      Sorry, I just had to make it more interesting.
                      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Over the years, I've worked for the Mormon Church a number of times. They've never tried to convert me, but then, maybe they assumed I already was Mormon. None of the churches I've worked for have ever tried to preach to me, though the Witnesses and the Mormon Missionaries occasionally stumble to my door by mistake . . .

Comment

yes ive been saved several times by cusomers when i was younger, now i say lets just stick with your plumbing problem, as ive gotten older and sum, what wiser [ and that is debatable] two things i will not discuss ever with a customer is religion and politics.

Comment

Never had a customer try to convert me but I have them, aint that what a christians supose to do. They lady was just doing he job for CHRIST, even though I don't think the mormons are my cup of tea, I belive in the Holy Bible and nothing else. You christians should do your duty when the spirite prompts you, I do most of the time. Just think all the people who are going to burn in an a sulfuric acid burning sensation without remedy,Eternally. Thats all life is, a conditioning process for HEAVEN( paridise) or Hell. Everything else is meaningless. ......................................

Comment

Originally posted by drain doctor View Post
                              Never had a customer try to convert me but I have them, aint that what a christians supose to do. They lady was just doing he job for CHRIST, even though I don't think the mormons are my cup of tea, I belive in the Holy Bible and nothing else. You christians should do your duty when the spirite prompts you, I do most of the time. Just think all the people who are going to burn in an a sulfuric acid burning sensation without remedy,Eternally. Thats all life is, a conditioning process for HEAVEN( paridise) or Hell. Everything else is meaningless. ......................................

HUH!!!
                              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
                              X