Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you retrive a sectional when stuck in roots.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you retrive a sectional when stuck in roots.

I operate a drum machine and when your stuck its sometimes hard to get it out. You have to reverse it and then forward and also work with your retriever to get it unstuck. I have in the past even pulled on the machine to get it out. I havn't got stuck in a long time and hopefully never will again but when I did it was hard to get the 200 lbs machine out even with all the leverage you have

Re: how do you retrive a sectional when stuck in roots.

Knock on wood, i never got a snake stuck so hard that i had to cut it. I have gotten them stuck but with alittle elbow grease, and running forward, reverse, they came out fine.
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
      Knock on wood, i never got a snake stuck so hard that i had to cut it. I have gotten them stuck but with alittle elbow grease, and running forward, reverse, they came out fine.
      Thats the same way I do it. I was stuck for about an hour today
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

You do the same thing with a sectional machine.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Yeah, thats both sectional and drum, i do it that way.
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by drain doctor View Post
            I operate a drum machine and when your stuck its sometimes hard to get it out. You have to reverse it and then forward and also work with your retriever to get it unstuck. I have in the past even pulled on the machine to get it out. I havn't got stuck in a long time and hopefully never will again but when I did it was hard to get the 200 lbs machine out even with all the leverage you have
            Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
            i see we have a drain doc and a drain medic now we need a drain nurse
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
              i see we have a drain doc and a drain medic now we need a drain nurse

actually i go by "sewer doctor"

i've only been stuck 1 time with my sectional and it was not coming out as it was already in the soil from a 4'' area drain with styrene pipe.

the nice thing on th sectional is the fact that the open wind cable will wind like a screw and also unwind like a screw.

sure i've run the cable to where the 1.25'' was torquing so hard it would spin my machine or drill in reverse when i stop.

same with my 7/8'', it would actually torque so hard it would cause the motor to reverse the other direction. i would have to stop the motor and start again to go clockwise/ forward.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X