X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Kollman 500

Serial # 79-5158. Our manufacturing plant was going to throw it out, so I brought it home. It had 2 sections of spring cable with it, no cutters or ends. They are pretty rusty. It appears the cables are 1 " OD. Does anyone know which cables available would run in this machine properly? I've seen some 7/8 " and wondered if they would fit.

Re: Ridgid Kollman 500

Got any pics of the machine. Just for interest sake.

I am pretty sure some of our current cable offerings will be compatible with the 500.

I just havent seen one yet thats why I want to see the pic. (I know I'm a youngster)

Comment

You can use 7/8" sectional cable in the K-500 as long as you have the 7/8" jaws inside. You can use any 1 1/4" or 7/8" sectional cable that Ridigd manufactures with your K-500.

Comment

Originally posted by nkyrental View Post
        Serial # 79-5158. Our manufacturing plant was going to throw it out, so I brought it home. It had 2 sections of spring cable with it, no cutters or ends. They are pretty rusty. It appears the cables are 1 " OD. Does anyone know which cables available would run in this machine properly? I've seen some 7/8 " and wondered if they would fit.
        Everything which will work on the current K-1500 will work with the K-500. I have jaws for 1 1/4", 7/8" and 5/8" cable.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks guys. I found a schematic for the old 500. I didn't know they were available in electric, compressed air, and gas models. Looks like 7/8" and
          1 1/4" jaws fit the 500. Now to find the best place to order some new cable and ends. Anyone order from www.draincables.com ? They have the best pricing I have found looking this morning. I'll try and get a photo of the machine this evening to post.

Comment

Here are some pictures of my K-500 next to my K-1500 as a comparison.

Mark
            Attached Files

Comment

Mark, which one did you like more? K50 is not an option. What were the specs on the k500?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben,

It has been so long since I have used either I couldn't tell you the specs and they are both in storage in Utah right now. The K-500 is really heavy and is a pleasure to look at the workmanship. The K-1500 was easier to get out of the truck plus I set it up to where I could break it down. I can't ever recall having a drain which either of them could not clear unless it was totally collapsed.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                X