How would you charge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you charge?

If you had to bid on a job that involved jetting and inspection 10,000 ft. of mainline sewer pipe between the sizes of 8" and 16", how would you charge, by ft. or per manhole?

All the pipe is newly installed and this is post construction cleanup and inspection. It is all straight runs and mostly all in line in the same town.

How would you figure a formula for what your hourly rates are vs. a flat rate.

Have any of you ever done work like this?

I figure 60-90 minutes a manhole should be close unless I run into heavy cleaning.
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: How would you charge?

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
    If you had to bid on a job that involved jetting and inspection 10,000 ft. of mainline sewer pipe between the sizes of 8" and 16", how would you charge, by ft. or per manhole?

All the pipe is newly installed and this is post construction cleanup and inspection. It is all straight runs and mostly all in line in the same town.

How would you figure a formula for what your hourly rates are vs. a flat rate.

Have any of you ever done work like this?

I figure 60-90 minutes a manhole should be close unless I run into heavy cleaning.

I would charge by foot. I use to do these type of jobs all the time when i was using a jet truck and a crawler camera. You can go by manholes, but sometimes manhole runs would be shorter or longer then they look. I would definitely charge by footage.
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I would charge by the manhole as your time is really more about your setting up and then moving from one manhole to another. If your have three manholes in 300' due to direction changes it will take much longer than a 300' from a single manhole. I would also protect yourself from anything out of the ordinary like slurry spills or whatever.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I will be submitting a seperate price for heavy cleaning and special cleaning such as manhole cleaning or to cover confined space entry if necessary.

I already have 2 different opinions.....this is going to be good!

Helpful too!

Comment

What do you plan on using to do the inspection?

Is this a job you picked up through your new jetter? Doesn't have anything to do with your question, I'm just curious.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            What do you plan on using to do the inspection?

Is this a job you picked up through your new jetter? Doesn't have anything to do with your question, I'm just curious.
            I will be using the new Insight push camera with a custom skid on it to keep it centered. It will have an eyelet on the front and a cable will feed in with the jetter hose and be attached to the camera skid for the return trip. There are no specifications for a pan and tilt system on this.

I will sercumvent the need for a vactor by using these:

http://www.flexmax.com/maxlife/pdfs/...catcher2_1.pdf

I will be jetting pipe that, in most cases may not need it but the city board wants it done anyway.

I will have a company on standby if I need pan and tilt.

And yes, I got this referral from someone that told the city about my company and the new jetter I just got.

Comment

Thanks for posting the Catcher info. I've never seen those before. Great way to get around the need for a vac truck. You just made my day.
              I've been wanting a combo jetter/vac truck but unfortunately my wallet says""
              I have since lowered my wants to something a little more affordable, like a trailer jetter but I was wondering how towns would respond to not being able to catch all the debris. I thought about a half assed screen thing, but those look perfect.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I just billed out a 1750` cleaning job and it was by the hour, "per man hour" as it took two of us to complete the job in 8 hours.

Some holes were easy and some were hard.
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post

Some holes were easy and some were hard.
                  That, for some reason just sounds bad

Comment

Well thats what I do all day long. I run around town all day just looking for another hole to stick my snake in
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X