X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clog

Hey guys I have a clog in my bathroom sink. I tried the gles and drain cleaners and that didn't work. I took the "S" pipe off and the clog was further in or behind the wall. I have a hand kwik-spin decloger. I was able to put it in the calvanised pipe after some work about 8feet. At one point I pulled out a little hair not enought to call a clog. I ran the water and still a clog. I ran the kwik-spin in again and it seems to go in eseyer but still hard. I think when the drain goes into the wall it takes a 90 degree left when looking at the wall and then a 90 down and then in the crawl space a 90 that goes under you as you stand in the bathroom and connects to the shower drain and the thoes connect to the tolet drain. So how can I get this clog and could I push it past the shower drain and the the tolet drain and then it will get pushed becasue it is a smaller drain? Could my hand auger go up into the vent pipe insted of down when I am trying? Thanks for the feedback. I am new to the forum and a home owner for little over a year now.

Re: Clog

It sounds like you need a larger machine to clean the line. If you don't have access to one you may need to call a professional drain cleaner or plumber with the right equipment.

Be careful with those chemicals too. That stuff is dangerous and can do some damage if you are exposed to it too much or get it on your skin. I wouldn't put any more down the line.

You could block off the over flow and try to plunger it but it sounds like a bigger problem than that old remedy.
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Chemical drain cleaners are bad all around. Just wait till Greg (drain medic) reads this one.

If the draino didnt fix it right away (which is usually doesnt) then putting more in won't do any good except fill your pipes up with acid or base.. whatever it is..

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
        Chemical drain cleaners are bad all around. Just wait till Greg (drain medic) reads this one.

If the draino didnt fix it right away (which is usually doesnt) then putting more in won't do any good except fill your pipes up with acid or base.. whatever it is..

Josh
        wow josh your becoming a drain cleaning gooroo
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Definately AVOID the chemicals. Maybe there is someone on the forum from your area that can help. Oh yeah...if you get a plumber, tell them you put a drain cleaner down the pipes!

Comment

I think you need to call a professional
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I'm with jrsaltz you need a bigger snake or more power. There are hand held type of snakes where you can use your drill on the end to get more power but that might not be enough if it is a tough one. Now if you had a Ridgid K39 that would do the trick.

Comment

if you call a professional make damn sure you tell him that you used Chemical. You dont want to kill a plumber in your house

Comment

DEFINITELY NO MORE CHEMICALS!!!!!!!! I wouldnt try a bigger machine if you dont know what your doing with it you might get stuck or break your pipe. You tried what you could, now its time for a pro.

Make sure you tell the pro you put chemicals in there. Tell him exactly what you put in, and when. Chemicals burn people as well as pipe

I have a scar from my foot up to half of my ankle from chemicals in a drain
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

chemicals are bad, I am sure we have all had our burns and sinus infections

they SLUDGE up the line, you did nothing more but make your problem worse.

chances are you need a jetter

It took me 2 hrs a lot of patience to clear a line with a cable full of a gallon of chemicals.

lucky for them, they had a c/o and I could run a cable and water to break up the sludge
                    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Guys thanks for all the feed back . My daad is comming over tonight and I guess he used to do this stuff before I was boren. But if he can't get I will be call a pro. And if I call a pro i will let him know about the chemicals. I think at a home improvment store I got a 5 minute lecture about letting the plumber know about any chemicals used.

Comment

if you just pulled hair you need to go futher in the pipe. If the toilet is accross the room you'll probably have to go at least 10 ft. If your pulling blacksludge out your really need to rod the pipe back and fourth to clean it good. If your going in and come to a complete stop, you should be able to back spin and get it past the turn and then run forward. If the toilet is right next to the sink the main should be right their nomore than 5 ft. Sounds like you need to rod the line more and clean it well. After rodding the line if theirs alot of sludge try putting the trap on than pour a half cup of DAWN down the drain. This will cut the grease and take it out of your way. pour dawn first and than run some water.

Comment

I think you just need to call a professional
                          Have I said this before? lumbdog:

Comment

no, why don't say it again.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                              I think you just need to call a professional
                              Have I said this before? lumbdog:

2ND
                              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
                              X