• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time?

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
    I look at drain cleaning as a service, not production

Comment

I think he means the water that's gonna flood out of the cleanout.

Comment

average residential job is around 1 hour.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

30 to 45 minutes on the average residential 4" main line with outside C/O
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            We always budgeted an hour for drain cleaning unless there was something unusual about it.

Mark
            That's about every job I have. I wish I could have one job where I didn't have to pull a toilet or go on a roof or go through a 2" line to clear a 4" main.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              That's about every job I have. I wish I could have one job where I didn't have to pull a toilet or go on a roof or go through a 2" line to clear a 4" main.

What if you catch a fish that is bigger than 2"?

Comment

I've never been stuck doing this, knock on wood, but I can't do as good of a job as I could with a full size cutterhead. I also trip in and out more doing this because I want to take small chunks out of the stoppage so I don't get stuck on the way back.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                  What do you mean, catch the clog?
                  Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
                  I think he means the water that's gonna flood out of the cleanout.
                  yes exactly... you get a big garbage can and try to catch it? loosen it and let it trickle and grow old catching it with wet vac? let fly and mop up after? I hate when I have to spill... would like input on how ya'll handle it.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

i try to contain as much as posible. since most of our C/Os are outside here it's not nearly as big a deal as those in work rooms, laundry rooms, or other inside locations. as far as how long it takes....well, it takes however long it takes. i'd rather not have to deal with a massive floor mess that i have to work in/on. i've had backups, with no cleanout, where the tub/shower was full. wet vac that out, wet vac out the bowl & tank and hope when the toilets gets lifted the mess is small.

outside i will dig a trench to keep the water away from the work site, if possible. sometimes it's not an option and i just let the waste take it's time equalizing. if i know it's goingto flow away from the work site, i'll just let it Vesuvius. ya know like the volcano

steve
                    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

From the time i pull up on the driveway to the time i leave for your average outside trap or cleanout job prollly takes me 1-1 1/2 hrs. Thats including diagnostic time, writing the invoice, running the cable in, pulling it out to check the blade, clean blade, running in again, giving business cards, checking the rest of the house for leaks.

The last thing i want is a recall on a job that someone is paying good money for a good job. Doesnt matter how fast, or how slow you go....matters that you did a good job, and did it thorough.

If your doing mains under 15-30mins, something is wrong.
                      Last edited by Drain Medic; 04-07-2008, 08:02 AM.
                      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

[QUOTE=Drain Medic;134405]The last thing i want is a recall on a job that someone is paying good money for a good job. Doesnt matter how fast, or how slow you go....matters that you did a good job, and did it thorough. /QUOTE]

quite true but the question was average time, unless i read it wrong.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post

If your doing mains under 15-30mins, something is wrong.
                          Well what am I doing wrong then? I have allot of em that only take me 30 minutes to run a double blade 100`. I do em about once a year.
                          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

[quote=stxrus;134414]
                            Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                            The last thing i want is a recall on a job that someone is paying good money for a good job. Doesnt matter how fast, or how slow you go....matters that you did a good job, and did it thorough. /QUOTE]

quite true but the question was average time, unless i read it wrong.

steve

Right, i answered my average time
                            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                              Well what am I doing wrong then? I have allot of em that only take me 30 minutes to run a double blade 100`. I do em about once a year.

If it takes you 15-30mins from the time you pull up to a house, to the time you leave....something is wrong

If it takes you 15-30mins on the main alone for a simple clog, that would be an ok average. Besides arent you new to drain cleaning lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                                yes exactly... you get a big garbage can and try to catch it? loosen it and let it trickle and grow old catching it with wet vac? let fly and mop up after? I hate when I have to spill... would like input on how ya'll handle it.
                                If the clean out is off the floor and i can use a trash cans to catch it, I'll drill a hole in the cap and catch it. The hole allows for much more control. I can use my finger to stop it when need be and it is just one stream coming out. In a normal house 1-2 35gal can is usually enough. Once the main is clear I pump the cans back in, making for a good test at the same time.

If the clean out is on the floor (most are) they usually have a house trap. 99% of house traps are not covered so all the back up is on the floor, not in the piping.

Sometimes catching it is not an option. In this case the customer is warned of whats going to happen and reminded that we are not a cleaning co and won't be cleaning it. Some say "let er rip" and some freak at the thought of poo on their floor so I'll call a septic co and have them vac (on their dime) as I pull the cap.
                                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
                                X