X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time?

What's your average time for cleaning a residential drain? Commercial drain?

J.C.

Re: Time?

What type of drain boss?
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
      What type of drain boss?
      Just looking for a general average. I know a 10" main would be much different than a 2" floor drain. Grease, towels, etc. would make a difference. But I was just trying to learn about the average draincleaners day.

J.C.

Comment

Less than 2 hours even on a roof, this is for 4" and smaller.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

rollup in drive to driving away;

kitchen sink, tub, shower, floor drain - 45 min

auger toilet - 20 min

pull toilet and remove object from base - 45 min

snake 3" or 4" toilet line from pulled toilet, easy clog, close - 1hr, interior c/o - 45min

jet 4" sevice or grease trap inlet and outlet, good access from exterior c/o or trap, no water management issues - 1hr

jet frozen service - varies wildly depending on length and hardness of ice, quality of access, water management - 1-6hr

park garage floor drain system full of sand - again depends on how much sand, access, length and number of runs - 1hr to multiday

poor access, very long lines (200'+) full of roots, objects or concrete in line, broken lines, etc take longer. add 20 min to camera, longer to make a video
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

snake and camera usually just under 2hrs if i'm taking my time.
            Average distance to main around 70'.
            Clean out always in basement. We don't have outside c/o's here.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

but there is always the one that throws the curve; I took 2 1/2 hours on a kitchen sink a couple days ago; back to back in a wierd way 10' from sinks thru 2 90's and a 45 each side with next door unit, very hard to make the drop, had to camera in one unit and watch while working eqiupment in from other
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                snake and camera usually just under 2hrs if i'm taking my time.
                Average distance to main around 70'.
                Clean out always in basement. We don't have outside c/o's here.
                so if it is backed up all up in the house, how do you catch it when you open it up?

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  What's your average time for cleaning a residential drain? Commercial drain?

J.C.
                  the "average" time is is 10-15 minutes for Spartan machine WITH clean-out. Mini-Jetting add another 30-40 minutes..Trailor Jetter about an hour for ONE clean-out.....Camera,loacte and Repair..............PRICELESS!!!!........lol....th ought i'd throw that in!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                    so if it is backed up all up in the house, how do you catch it when you open it up?
                    What do you mean, catch the clog?
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Pop the cleanout, everything comes out
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

We always budgeted an hour for drain cleaning unless there was something unusual about it.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

It really depends. Are you talking time just on the job or job & drive time. I cannot drive to a location, talk with customer, diagnose the problem, lay out mats, clean the drain and clean-up in less than one hour. We schedule two hours, one guy.

I try to clean the drain the best I can. I just don't ram rod it and pull it out. I will also look at their plumbing for any obvious problems and make recommendations. If that means getting into a wet crawl space, I'll do it.

I look at drain cleaning as a service, not production.

Hope this helps.
                          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I agree with Tyman pretty much.

By the time I talk with the customer, brain storm real quick how to lay myself out, bringing the machine in, answering the phone telling the boss how far I've gotten so far to plan the next call, clearing the drain, cleaning up my mess, and usually the majority of, if not all of the mess caused by the stoppage, putting my truck back together, double checking the job, and checking my tool bags to make sure I have all my tools in under an hour would be tough.
                            Last edited by Aaron91; 04-06-2008, 02:41 PM.
                            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

well it takes me about 5 minutes to clean the toilet, can that be considered as a drain

§m€llŸ™

Comment

Working...
                              X