X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do we know?

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    Greg,

I would like to know why it took you 55 minutes to tell the clown you were leaving?

Mark
    LOL. I wondered the same thing
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
      LOL, you crack me up

No i didnt keep the bat, but if you need schooling in baseball, your on

I still play to this day
      SO THAT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS RICK IS THE MOST COMPETITIVE KID IN THE WORLD!

He really does not mean any harm but it is what he is made of and what makes Rick Rick. My guess is he is sneaking away to the local batting cage and go-cart joint in between jobs so he will be ready for the Roundup. I would suggest the same to anyone who wants to have a chance against him. Rick is the kind of kid who spawns competition and makes everyone better at what they do.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

walking out is just as easy as walking in, shame it took me so long to learn that, in the early years i would argue just to prove a point and one day i realized, it didnt even matter the only thing i proved was the time and energy i wasted could not be recouped and the level of gratitude was non-existent. so with that said, when the games start i dont play anymore who needs the bullsh*T were not saving lifes were fixing plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          I never do it their way over mine. I am the pro and they are the home owner. If they want it done their way they need to call someone else. Unless they are a plumber
          Exactly, I'll listen to all the symptoms from the customer and that's about all. I don't let them dictate what's important in the process of work(happens to me more with AC). I've only had one problem customer who accused me of breaking an existing main and lying about it after looking at it on the screen. I did tell him to call roto rooter.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Okay reality check! We all know we have made the mistake of listing to a home owner once or twice then kicking ourselves for it. There is a reason why we ignore the HO stories, it's because we have been burned by listening to them in the past.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I ask all the symptoms and look over the plumbing. Make my mind up on what needs to be done. Now asking about the symptoms is just as important as looking over how it is plumbed. We all know it`s got to go down hill but we must assess why it is not and go from there. I do a lot of big business, tomorrow I do a 5 year old Wal-Mart store that has had a problem sense day one. It just might be my Video on how I make my money with Ridgid tool,Robert
              ROTFLMAO
              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 04-07-2008, 09:27 PM.
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by aero1 View Post
                walking out is just as easy as walking in, shame it took me so long to learn that, in the early years i would argue just to prove a point and one day i realized, it didnt even matter the only thing i proved was the time and energy i wasted could not be recouped and the level of gratitude was non-existent. so with that said, when the games start i dont play anymore who needs the bullsh*T were not saving lifes were fixing plumbing
                Good Wisdom.
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I've walked off jobs with no intention of coming back........times where I'd just grab my stuff and literally shock the customer.

Plumber is gone.......messenger telling them you're not coming back either.

You don't know how good it feels to have the upper hand in a contractor/client situation and you know you're in the right.

Customers always want to have the last shot......I try to stop that if at all possible if I see it going south.

I'll purposely waste their time to be constructive.......if that makes sense.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Stubborn DIY homeowners?
                    Naaaah...I never come across that.
                    Yesterday I went to a small repair, a faucet installed 8 months ago by husband & father-in-law...one a software engineer, the other a surgeon.
                    She had to wait 8 months for the opportunity, he was finally out of town on business.
                    The faucet's basin washer was missing, he'd been trying to get the faucet to secure to the basin without it all that time, refusing to pay a pro & leaks developing all the while from constant jerking.
                    In the meantime the kickspace counter was wrecked, completely bowed and full of water along with starting signs of water damage on the exterior of the new cabinet.
                    She's planning to make up a story that she figured it out while he was gone.
                    I just told her to make up a list for his next business trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                      I went, got my grapplers, pulled a baseball bat out of the outside c/o, and down went the water His cable had lodged on the bat and looped itself in the cleanout. Used the grapplers to pull his snake out of the cleanout, and the whole way out.
                      What are these grapplers? I think I want my own.

Nice story, well handled. More and more, I find it is the problem cutomers, not the difficult jobs, that test me the hardest.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                        What are these grapplers? I think I want my own.

Nice story, well handled. More and more, I find it is the problem cutomers, not the difficult jobs, that test me the hardest.

Grapplers that i have are poles 6ft, 8ft, and 10fters. they have a handle on top, and 3 hooks at the bottom of the poles. Push down on the handle to open them up, then when you grab whatever your grapping, pull the handle up and the hooks close on themselves. I use them alot.
                        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Sounds a lot like a bigger version of the 'mechanical fingers' parts retrievers I use to pick stuff out of floor drain traps. I want some. What brand are yours? Where do I get them? Thanks.
                          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                            Sounds a lot like a bigger version of the 'mechanical fingers' parts retrievers I use to pick stuff out of floor drain traps. I want some. What brand are yours? Where do I get them? Thanks.

Dont know who makes em, i buy them from a local plumbing supply around my house.
                            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
                            X