X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do we know?

Went to a job yesterday. Pulled up to the house, saw the outside cleanout. Just walking by it, i saw there was no cap on the c/o. Saw the water level high. Also saw something sticking up out of the water. Looked like a broom handle or the end of a baseball bat. Met the customer inside the house. Had sewage all over the basement floor from overflowing out of the toilet and laundry tub. After telling the customer for 35mins that the problem appears to be outside and that i want to try grapplers to remove the object, then cable the line from the cleanout, he insisted i was wrong because he had this "same problem" 2yrs ago and the OTHER company did it from inside and pulled the toilet. I told him the water level was to high in the cleanout and that there was something that had fallen down there, plus there was no c/o cap. Well after arguing for another 20mins (him telling me im wrong) i finally said "Ok, i will do it your way, but when it doesnt work, im charging you for doing it this way, then im going to have to charge you to do it the right way" He didnt like that, so then he insulted me by asking me if he could rent my machine off me because he wanted to "do it himself " So i left, (of course he didnt get my machine, i would never RENT it out)

I got a call last night from the customer 8pm. He sounded defeated
    Told me how he rented a machine from HD and ran it from the toilet sweep. Oh and he broke the toilet trying to remove it by himself

I said ok, i will come out IN THE MORNING

Went out early this morning. Checked out the basement and the cable was all over the place, the toilet in pieces. Finally agreed to the price to do it from outside. I went, got my grapplers, pulled a baseball bat out of the outside c/o, and down went the water His cable had lodged on the bat and looped itself in the cleanout. Used the grapplers to pull his snake out of the cleanout, and the whole way out. Water jetted his line, put on a new toilet (customer supplied of course ) and fixed that. Total time clearing line and installig toilet 45 mins lumbdog:

After all said and done, he still moaned about the price. He spent well over $400 for the snake, toilet and parts And less then that on me.

Gotta love people
    Last edited by Drain Medic; 04-07-2008, 12:55 PM.
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Re: What do we know?

Dam *******!!!!!....i wonder why he didnt call the OTHER company back.....i bet there never was an OTHER company.......he probally was just following some b.s. advice from one of his HandyMan friends........i tell you sum of these people are SOMETHING ELSE!!

Comment

I LOVE those kind of jobs.
      When Joe home owner starts telling me how to do my job in a talking down to ya kinda way, I ask them what they do for work then, start telling them how to do their job.
      I don't mind at all when a customer is giving their 2cents, but when they start talking down to me, all bets are off.

I do hope you charged him an a%* hole fee.
      * his face when handing over the check
      * your face when gladly receiving that check
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
        Dam *******!!!!!....i wonder why he didnt call the OTHER company back.....i bet there never was an OTHER company.......he probally was just following some b.s. advice from one of his HandyMan friends........i tell you sum of these people are SOMETHING ELSE!!

I didnt even ask him why he didnt call Roto R***** back. I was so frustrated at that point i didnt care.
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          I LOVE those kind of jobs.
          When Joe home owner starts telling me how to do my job in a talking down to ya kinda way, I ask them what they do for work then, start telling them how to do their job.
          I don't mind at all when a customer is giving their 2cents, but when they start talking down to me, all bets are off.

I do hope you charged him an a%* hole fee.
          * his face when handing over the check
          * your face when gladly receiving that check

I couldve told him it was free, and he'd still have a problem with that.

Comment

greg, was that an aluminum or wood bat?

what size and did you keep it?

there's batting cages at the go carting park.

bring it to the roundup and i'll show you how to swing it too

you did play ball right

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I just love yer stories
              §m€llŸ™

Comment

a moron tax needs to be added to some bills.

LMAO
                Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                1-920-284-7471

Comment

That guy needs a red flag by his name in your database. That way when he calls again, you'll see the red flag and tell him you're too busy. "I'm sorry sir, but your name has been flagged in our database that you were derogatory and difficult with our last technician, we are not able to assist you at this time."
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Greg,

I would like to know why it took you 55 minutes to tell the clown you were leaving?

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

when i get a customer that insists on doing it THEIR way i just get quiet, nod and smile and do it THEIR way. then, in most cases, i go and do it the correct way. all this time the meter is running.

they will ***** about the time and $$$ but i try to explain why it took so long, hand them the bill and wait for payment while explaining i have another job to go to. some get flagged and i don't go back.

customer service is EVERYTHING, in spite of the idiots

steve
                      Last edited by stxrus; 04-07-2008, 12:42 PM. Reason: my impeckable typing skyls
                      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        greg, was that an aluminum or wood bat?

what size and did you keep it?

there's batting cages at the go carting park.

bring it to the roundup and i'll show you how to swing it too

you did play ball right

rick.
                        LOL, you crack me up

No i didnt keep the bat, but if you need schooling in baseball, your on

I still play to this day

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          Greg,

I would like to know why it took you 55 minutes to tell the clown you were leaving?

Mark
                          Cause im an idiot

LOL, i wanted to convince him that i was right, normally it would take me 5 mins to leave

I wanted to do the job so bad, but some people just dont want to hear it. I didnt take a lose though, i did charge him for some of the time i was there the day before and put it in the bill for the work that i did....Then when he asked if i could bill him

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                            when i get a customer that insists on doing it THEIR way i just get quiet, nod and smile and do it THEIR way. then, in most cases, i go and do it the correct way. all this time the meter is running.

they will ***** about the time and $$$ but i try to explain why it took so long, hand them the bill and wait for payment while explaining i have another job to go to. some get flagged and i don't go back.

customer service is EVERYTHING, in spite of the idiots

steve

Steve, normally i would too, and i even told him i would do it his way....But i knew what the problem was and i didnt want to do any damage to my cable and machine by wrapping up on the bat, in which case he did. I tried telling him he could save money if i just pulled the bat out with the grapplers

Comment

I never do it their way over mine. I am the pro and they are the home owner. If they want it done their way they need to call someone else. Unless they are a plumber
                              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X