X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flexibilty of a jetter hose.

What's the smallest line and fittings a 3/8" warthog could pass through?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Flexibilty of a jetter hose.

According to the Stoneage website regarding the WT-3/8 the smallest pipe it will navigate is 3 inch.

They refer to it as their extra small nozzle and is recommended for 3"-4" Laterals.

Here is a link to a couple of informative pages:

http://www.sewernozzles.com/referenc...ce/Warthog.pdf

http://www.sewernozzles.com/Referenc...g%20charts.pdf

I hope this helps.
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
      According to the Stoneage website regarding the WT-3/8 the smallest pipe it will navigate is 3 inch.

They refer to it as their extra small nozzle and is recommended for 3"-4" Laterals.

Here is a link to a couple of informative pages:

http://www.sewernozzles.com/referenc...ce/Warthog.pdf

http://www.sewernozzles.com/Referenc...g%20charts.pdf

I hope this helps.

3in. Do not go in anything under 3in with that, the head is to big.
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Will a 3" allow any wiggle room for the head or is it a tight fit?
        I guess my question should be, would youi use one in a 3" line that is in rough shape (slight offset, slight sag etc)?
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
          3in. Do not go in anything under 3in with that, the head is to big.
          unless it's just a straight piece of pipe with no turns

also be very careful with outside area drains that use that cheap styrene pipe and fittings. the fittings are a very tight turn and is not the same as a waste / sanitary fitting. i've been stuck in a 4'' fitting with my 1/2'' warthog.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            Will a 3" allow any wiggle room for the head or is it a tight fit?
            I guess my question should be, would youi use one in a 3" line that is in rough shape (slight offset, slight sag etc)?

I can do 3in with acouple 45s or 90s. Its hard if your doing the Warthog and the camera at the same time though, not alot of room in there.

I bought my 3/8 nozzle for the purpose of doing of 3in. See alot of 3in cast around here with roots getting at the joints of the 3to4in conversion.
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I do 3" commonly with the 3/8" warthog, little problem with bends except for 2 90's right next to each other. I bush it down to work with 1/4" hose. Be careful going uphill; I've hit a reducer to 2" a couple of times and made it a foot or so into the 2" before sticking hard in there. Once it was exposed and could take nh apart to unstick it, once had to snake in behind it and pop it loose.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
              X